What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Drivers Central Locking Door Switch

A

Anonymous

Hi All

My Z has developed a small fault as follows; when I open the door the window does not drop, after closing the door, my Z refuses to lock until I unlock and relock. I guess there is a switch in the door for the central locking that's faulty, can anyone advise if its' easy to DIY replace, or do I need a Pug dealer to look at it?
Quick help appreciated.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Just so you know people are reading your post, but sorry, not come across that one before, can't help you there. It's possibly one of those things that you would only know about if it had happened to you.

So having said that, someone is bound to answer your question in full.......

frankvdb

Reaction score
Also check the boot lid.
If any of the doors is not closed, central locking will not work.
Problems have been reported due to water ingress in the boot lid which also make the electrics go bonkers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response, it seems to have fixed itself, can't see anything wrong or damp issues though...

A

Anonymous

lloydyallen said:
Thanks for the response, it seems to have fixed itself, can't see anything wrong or damp issues though...
Hi I think you'll find it's fixed itself temporarily. I've had this issue on and off for 2 years. Only joined this site today as, through conversation with my brother, he suggested it may be due to dampness getting into the boot lock. This is apparently a known fault which causes intermittent issues with the electrics. Not only has the drivers window been a problem for me but when I then try to lock the car, it's like disco lights, need to open it then lock it. It also locks itself when I get in, before I have the chance to put the key in and I've also put the key in, turned it and........nothing. Turn it back, try again, starts no problem. All these issues then suddenly disappear, everything works perfectly then it all starts again. I have noticed that after I get the car washed and I open the boot here is soapy water on the boot seal. My brother, who was an auto electrician suggested that water could be getting to the electrics through the boot seal and the dampness is causing the faults, then when it dries out everything works. Makes sense to me so I'll be contacting the dealer and getting it booked in. My car is 4 years old but as this is a known fault the boot lock and seal should be replaced without charge. Please don't leave this as long as I did, get it into your dealer.