What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Driver seat movement

daveslotus

Reaction score
I have had my R for a couple of months now and doubled its mileage in that time to 12k miles. Its been faultless except for a tiny amount of movement in the drivers seat. Feels like its loose on its runners of perhaps the fixing bolts need tightening. It is very small movement but just irritates a bit.

Had the same issue on my HDI before, so wondering if its a quirk with the RCZ.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

chrismac

Reaction score
The fixing bolts are easy to get to - Its a slow process with the electric seats - but should only take a few mins.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
we had a broken seat base in ours, it was covered under warranty and they replaced the base.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Which seats do you have on the R? The full leather electric seats or the mechanical R seats?

My R seats developed this tiny movement at the end of my ownership, means after 5 years. I had no patience to crawl under the seats to check for any loosen bolts. Maybe there is a way to fix them. I dunno.

daveslotus

Reaction score
hello RCZ-R

I have the mechanical R seats....I thought that's what they all had?

It is odd that the full leather ones in the HDI did the same. Perhaps they share common mounts.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
daveslotus said:
hello RCZ-R

I have the mechanical R seats....I thought that's what they all had?

It is odd that the full leather ones in the HDI did the same. Perhaps they share common mounts.

Some markets offered the full leather heated seats or the R seats. Is seems to me UK only had the real deal, the R seats.
I couldn't fix the issue you described (honestly, I was too lazy to...). But it didn't get any worse over time.

daveslotus

Reaction score
Thanks RCZ R

I don't think i will bother either. It really isn't a big deal

Did you ever have a whistling from the near side wing mirror at 50 to 70 mph?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Nope. No such issues with wind noises. Just the usual RCZ hurricane of wind noises at high speeds.

But I must admit after the windscreen was replaced the wind noises became less of a burden. The company replacing the windshield also replaced all the rubber seals all around the doors and the arches. That alone lowered the in-cabin wind noises remarkably.

So maybe the cure for your problem does lie somewhere in there.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The only wind noise I’ve experienced is when we’ve been out for a curry. Not sure which seal to replace to solve that one :eusa-think: :eek: :lol:

Cupcaik

Reaction score
I've noticed this issue as well in my R, glad to know it's not just me. It's a slight back and forth rocking that's only really noticeable if you try to cause it. May be worth just having a look at the bolts holding it in place.

apple3337

Reaction score
Can someone please update this thread please with more info? My R seat has a bit of a wobble and I'd love to know if it's fixable.