What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Driver memory mirror problem

karimali831

Reaction score
My rcz 200 developed an issue with the memory mirror for the driver side, passenger operates no problem. At first the mirror was doing all crazy things like tilting all the way up or all the way down even when the the rh control was not in it’s selected position. Thought nothing of it and just a blip in the BSI and gave it a reset but now the auto tilt on reverse or mirror positioning using the drivers M1 control does not work at all no matter what I do. The electronic manual tilting of the mirror works no problem. What could this potentially be? It seems also BSI does not reset the memories..?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Strangely, the auto tilt in reverse on my drivers side mirror failed today. Passenger side working fine.

I’m holding on having it looked at as @ 1 year ago the passenger side decided to go up instead of down when selecting reverse. I booked it in & when I took it in it decided to work properly again & has done since. So hoping this might sort itself again.

Give it a day or two & keep trying it. It does seem it’s possibly something the Z might have An issue with.

karimali831

Reaction score
Solved ! I’ve removed the drivers window/mirror control unit and either the brown switch disconnected somehow or it disconnected while I pulled it up, reconnected and working

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, left it a good few weeks to see if it decided to sort itself out, & finally bit the bullet & got it booked in to the main stealers in Wakefield.

The played with it for all of 3 hours, and decided it needs a new mirror (in other words they couldn’t find out what the cause of the problem was).

New mirror ordered under extended warranty :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
So, left it a good few weeks to see if it decided to sort itself out, & finally bit the bullet & got it booked in to the main stealers in Wakefield.

The played with it for all of 3 hours, and decided it needs a new mirror (in other words they couldn’t find out what the cause of the problem was).

New mirror ordered under extended warranty :thumbup:

That’s a surprise for Evanshalshaw :roll: at least their inability to solve the issue you get a new unit, so well worth that extended warranty :clap:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
When you add the cost of the entire clutch assembly & fitting (£1600 +) I had done under warranty last year, I bet right now, they’re wishing they never sold me that policy :eusa-think:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
When you add the cost of the entire clutch assembly & fitting (£1600 +) I had done under warranty last year, I bet right now, they’re wishing they never sold me that policy :eusa-think:
Ah, but who are the "they" you refer to?
It is a bit like insurance where all the premiums coming in will cover the claims; usually!
The peeps carrying out the work get paid so they are happy for the work.
You get, on balance, more than you paid in, so apart from the agro, you are a winner also.
Somewhere a holder of the risk might twitch, especially if the outgoings are getting close to the receipts, but let us not feel sorry for what are hardly more than bookies, eh? :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Oh I don’t feel sorry for them, I have a plan, by the time I sell my beloved Z, (if ever) it will be a brand new car :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, update:-

The car went in to Evans Halshaw Wakefield today for its new Drivers Door Mirror fitting and investigate a vibration rattle from under the bonnet that started after its last service - 1 hour waiting appointment.

I was there over 3 hours. After an hour, they told me they had fitted the new mirror, and that was having the same problem. They were looking to see where else the issue might be.

After 2 hours, they said they had solved the problem, receptionist was vague as to what it turned out to be, but they had apparently “just noticed” the new mirror needed painting. The mechanic was coming out to see me in 10 minutes, but it looked like I needed another appointment to get it painted.

One hour later a mechanic appeared and told me everything was sorted, including the rattle, but wanted me to test drive it with him to make sure.

During the drive, he told me that the rattle turned out to be the pollen filter cover which had not been re-fitted correctly during the last service.

I asked about the mirror, which was fully painted, and looked an awful lot like the one that was on it when I took it in.
He denied they had ever fitted the new mirror which I had been told also didn’t work. He said they had taken the mechanism from the new mirror which was supplied in primer, and put it in my old shell. He said that had fixed the problem.

It seems to me, someone wasn’t telling me the truth........ :eusa-think:

Anyway, upshot is, the mirror works & the rattle has gone. :thumbup:

Oh, yes, and then someone tried selling me the 508 GT 225 in the showroom :crazy:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Oh, yes, and then someone tried selling me the 508 GT 225 in the showroom :crazy:

I like those, but I'm having too much fun going sideways at the moment. Maybe back to Peugeot in a couple of years.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Well glad you got it sorted Pete :clap: just a shame these dealerships don’t come clean and tell the truth :roll: