What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Double Din Nav Cables

scottmack

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my RCZ for about 3 month or so loving it and looking at updating the interior a bit, wanting to put a double din nav in to replace I think its the RD4?. I've gone over probably every post here with how to guides but just looking to clarify some stuff before I start ordering parts. So far I've got

- Sat Nav

- Canbus (Seen people using this one to retain parking sensors as well as stalk controls?)

- Fascia

I've seen reference to other parts like twin fakra and other cables etc but im not sure exactly what I need and what any other parts are for? Can anyone calrify what im missing and whats its for?

Thanks!

(Attached image of what I believe is the RD4 im trying to replace)

Attachments

• stereo.jpg
    stereo.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 16

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Sorry I cant help with your particular problem, not being an autoelectrician. When I upgraded mine though, everything was included.
The unit was designed to fit in the existing fascia, so I didnt have to buy that extra.
I presume you have read my "how to"? There are some pictures that might help. Further on that thread is a pic of the rear of the unit showing connections too.

scottmack

Reaction score
Sorry I cant help with your particular problem, not being an autoelectrician. When I upgraded mine though, everything was included.
The unit was designed to fit in the existing fascia, so I didnt have to buy that extra.
I presume you have read my "how to"? There are some pictures that might help. Further on that thread is a pic of the rear of the unit showing connections too.
I have, one of the first I came across deffo a handy guide. Unfortunately I'm not so savvy with cables for cars so I can't distinguish them by sight myself, it may be that this is all I need but whenever I attempt things like this I usually forget something lol!

scottmack

Reaction score
Im horribly impatient so I've just bought whats in this post since hes using the same double din as me, other than the DAb+ antenna. Will have to see how this goes.

EDIT: Cancelled the order for the universal patch lead and CANBUS, according to Connects2 that interface only keeps the reversing sensor.

Does anybody have any experience with this one? Says it can keep front and back..

Last edited:

chrismac

Reaction score
....and I just spotted that you are in Cardiff. What part ?

chrismac

Reaction score
Not far from the Nine Giants in Rhiwbina. I will keep an eye open for you.

scottmack

Reaction score
Havent seen another one in Cardiff yet, so if I see one I'll assume its you!

scottmack

Reaction score
Just got this in after work this evening, seems to have a few issues. The car doesn't recognize that the handbrake is on so cant use android auto. On top of that I seem to have lost some of my stalk controls but not all? I cant use any of the original vol up, down etc but i can get to the menus through the wheel stalk? Little confused as to what I might be missing, this is the Canbus im using all other functions seem to be ok from bluetooth calling to parking sensors front and back.

Done enough checking to figure out the parking brake issue is related to grounding the HU, as for the weird part functionality of the audio stalk I'll have another play with the cabling tomorrow when the suns up.

Last edited:

scottmack

Reaction score
Follow up post for anyone who finds their way here from google who might be having any of the same issues/questions.

Two useful points of info are OkeyStokeys thread and MotorScotti's tutorial

To go from my original stereo to a Pioneer double din head unit while retaining stalk controls and both front and rear parking sensors I needed the following;

Double Din Fascia to retain the factory look

Twin Fakra to Din

USB-IN Retention cable (Important for android auto)

CANBUS

Whatever chosen Pioneer head unit you like (I used sph-da230dab)

Use the two threads above to figure out how to put it all together should be straight forward. If your not using a pioneer head unit most of the same should apply but start here looking for what you need

Theres a lot of info online about bypassing the park brake for Pioneer/Alpine head units that have android auto and some safety features that require a bypass module. Thats not the case if you buy the unit in UK or AUS you can just ground the park brake cable and that will work fine, this initially tripped me up. Its only the US ones as far as im aware that require a specific way to bypass it. The last issue I had with not being able to use the audio stalk was because im an idiot and put the cable from the canbus into the aux port when it needed to be in w/r port. After that it all works as expected.

dash.jpg

Happy hunting