What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Door rubber seal front/left

RudiRichardson

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’ve had my rcz for about 4 yrs now and I’m trying to source new if possible the rubber door seals I’ve got the part numbers but can’t seem to find an outlet to purchase
Ym18500080
Ym18500180
Would be grateful for any advice.
Thx Rudi

Pedro

Reaction score
You could be looking at a dealer job as with some used ones may not be up to the task as overtime they became distorted & wont sit flush into the door frame when the door is shut that is why the window also appears not to be fully closed

RudiRichardson

Reaction score
You could be looking at a dealer job as with some used ones may not be up to the task as overtime they became distorted & wont sit flush into the door frame when the door is shut that is why the window also appears not to be fully closed
Hi Pedro

thx for the reply do you know if I do find replacements will they need to be glued on?

Pedro

Reaction score
No most door seals are push fit may need tapping with your palm to press them home but if you buy used ones they could be loose when fitted so may need pinching along the edges to compress the internal wires or maybe lay it out on a piece of wood & tamp it down with a mallet or lightly with a hammer to close the gap its a fairly easy job you just check when you first close the door that the seal is not getting pinched anywhere if you want you can actually smear a light film of Vaseline around the whole seal I also do it with wiper blades & helps the rubber last longer