What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Door mirror issues and sat nav problem

SteveH700

Reaction score
Just lately my drivers mirror has a mind of its own. First I will say that both for mirrors can be selected and adjusted ont the button with no problem. But the driver side mirror sometimes dips itself to the lowest position when I turn the ignition on. Other times it’s ok.
Also the sat nav takes ages to load and sometimes hangs on the Peugeot logo. All this started at the same time. Anyone know if these could related? If so what the problem could be? I have already tried BSi reset by the way. That has no effect.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
When the mirror dips are you in reverse as that is what it's to do if set to that side mirror if it's set to middle setting should stay the same

SteveH700

Reaction score
No, it dips as soon as I start the engine, and goes down as far as it can. Sometimes it doesn’t, but works how it should and dips in reverse. I know how it should work by selecting the mirror with the slide switch . But it does it no matter where I have the selector or if I’m in neutral or any other gear. I think the sat nav problem is as card memory so wonder if the mirror position is held there too. Also if I press the seat position button to go to one of the memorised positions it sometimes corrects itself but sometimes doesn’t.

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
No, it dips as soon as I start the engine, and goes down as far as it can. Sometimes it doesn’t, but works how it should and dips in reverse. I know how it should work by selecting the mirror with the slide switch . But it does it no matter where I have the selector or if I’m in neutral or any other gear. I think the sat nav problem is as card memory so wonder if the mirror position is held there too. Also if I press the seat position button to go to one of the memorised positions it sometimes corrects itself but sometimes doesn’t.
I couldn't find where you mentioned your car type, is it an auto or manual?

SteveH700

Reaction score
I don’t think I mentioned, but it is manual- 2.0 HDi if that makes a difference.

SteveH700

Reaction score
The issue with the mirrors started about the same time as my problem with the Sat Nav display. I wonder if the SD memory in the head unit memorises the mirror position. If it does I think that is where the problem lies. I am looking into replacing it. I would also add I have had the car 18 months and it has all worked perfectly until 3-4 weeks ago.

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
The issue with the mirrors started about the same time as my problem with the Sat Nav display. I wonder if the SD memory in the head unit memorises the mirror position. If it does I think that is where the problem lies. I am looking into replacing it. I would also add I have had the car 18 months and it has all worked perfectly until 3-4 weeks ago.
A few questions:
  1. When you turn the car off, is it in reverse gear?
  2. When you say the two issues started at the same time, are we talking exactly?
Looking at the manual, it looks pretty clear that the SD card has nothing to do with the mirror position. I'd never heard of such a thing but since you suggested it, thought I'd confirm just in case it was some strange quirk with Peugeot.

Last edited:

SteveH700

Reaction score
1 not in reverse, always put in neutral before turning off ignition
2 No, SD card is a micro SD hidden inside the RT6 head unit. Can only be accessed by dismantling the head unit. Also it holds Firmware, maps, and body options so doing that would trash the infotainment. I have read how to change it but it is VERY involved and can still need a trip to a Peugeot dealer.
3 can’t say EXACTLY but noticed both the same day.

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
1 not in reverse, always put in neutral before turning off ignition
2 No, SD card is a micro SD hidden inside the RT6 head unit. Can only be accessed by dismantling the head unit. Also it holds Firmware, maps, and body options so doing that would trash the infotainment. I have read how to change it but it is VERY involved and can still need a trip to a Peugeot dealer.
3 can’t say EXACTLY but noticed both the same day.
I should of asked what year your car was because the NG4 head unit has an SD card slot front and center of the unit which is for media storage only, but the RT6 version doesn't.

In light of that, I would just take it to the dealer and get them to put a new SD card in and do what they need to do to put the software back on the system, because it sounds like the SD card might be on its way out. If you can find out the exact type of SD card specs etc. then it might be a bit easier to source a new SD card yourself and give to the dealer to put in, no idea if they would have one on hand.

SteveH700

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I bought a new micro SD card. I am an electrician and have experience working on PLC and computer control systems. I think I could do the card swap no problem but know enough to realise it is not that simple. I did find some advice on the Australian forums. But it still looks difficult. I do have a working diagbox set up so might be ok. But still think it’s probably better to go to dealer.