What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Door Latch replacement

Nix

Reaction score
My drivers door no longer registers as being opened, so the window wont drop and the interior lights dont come on etc, locks still work as do the electric windows, so im guessing the switch inside the latch mechanism is bust, has anyone replaced the door latch? are they coded to the car? or can i just get a new one and put it in?

cheers

Nick

Pedro

Reaction score
My drivers door no longer registers as being opened, so the window wont drop and the interior lights dont come on etc, locks still work as do the electric windows, so im guessing the switch inside the latch mechanism is bust, has anyone replaced the door latch? are they coded to the car? or can i just get a new one and put it in?

cheers

Nick
BSI reset

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Here is the BSI reset procedure:-

BSI reset....

Put the drivers window down, lift the bonnet & ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from ignition,
Wait 3 minutes, disconnect vehicle battery & wait 15 seconds.
Reconnect battery, wait further 10 seconds (do not open doors)
Switch on the side lights through the drivers window.
Switch on the ignition & check systems functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door, test central locking system.
Start the engine & complete the system check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

Let us know if this helps.

Nix

Reaction score
I doubt its the BSI, been trawling loads of Peugeot and Citroen forums, seems a common problem that a BSI reset wont fix, only solution appears to be replacement of the latch mech and integrated switch as the once the switch stops being activated by the two cable pulls you get the exact faults i am experiencing, new latch is £198 :(

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it something that a bit of brake cleaner/contact cleaner will sort? Get in there and give it a good blast out, it may just be gunged up.
Everyone has brake cleaner laying around.

Nix

Reaction score
Soon as I get a chance I'll have a look and see if you can get the unit apart to get at the micro switch to see if it's repairable or not.

Does the MK1 have air bags or anything in the doors? Wondering if I should disconnect the battery before taking it off

Nix

Reaction score
There's quite a few on Ebay, unfortunately there's no way of telling what condition they are in, and vary in cost from £50 up to £150, if im going to the trouble of stripping the door down i think i'd rather just bite the bullet and buy a new one and have some peace of mind

Nix

Reaction score
Yes Neil, i had to take it back to the dealer i bought it from and they fitted a new door latch, apparently its a common problem with the micro switch in the latch breaking so it doesn't register that the door has been opened.

Nick

Neil

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I don't suppose you have a part number for the item that was replaced do you?