What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Door hing wear

A

Anonymous

Hi all, whilst cleaning car today i noticed that shutting the drivers door takes more effort than the passenger side door :eusa-think: . On closer inspection noticed that if you grab the unerside of door and lift up it has about 1/4 of an inch movement :eek: looks like bottom hinge pin is worn! trip do dealers on monday to try and book in for fix, a bit suprised at wear already considering car is only 17 months old with 13000 on clock, i have had this before but it was along time ago with ford capri :oops: they were prone to it due to size and weight of doors but then i did manage to live with it due to age of car, but not this time so dealers on monday :!:

A

Anonymous

Sorry to say looks like it, though i am not suprised with this problem considering the size and weight of the doors, but i am dissappointed that it has occured at such an early stage of the cars life.

A

Anonymous

Update on door dropping, trip into robins and day coventry, found that the door hinge bolts had come loose, so easy rectify just to tighten them up again, job done.A bit suprised they worked loose in first place.