What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Does my car have a blown head gasket?

jakejwr

Reaction score
I suspect my car (2012 1.6 THP 156) has a blown head gasket but I'm not a mechanic so I'm interested to hear what people think the problem might be.
  • Milky residue on the oil cap which reappears a few days after I wipe it off. No residue on the dipstick.
  • Loads of bubbles at the top of the coolant reservoir, but the coolant level is fine and there doesn't appear to be any contamination. Engine does not overheat.
  • White smoke while the engine is warming up (which disappears once warmed up).
  • Heater is not working properly on driver's side, lukewarm at best.
  • Slight knocking noise coming from the engine. The oil level is normal and it's not losing oil. Idle is not rough but can feel a slight judder.
  • Haven't noticed any loss in engine power or MPG.
Thanks for your help.

Pedro

Reaction score
Take all the plugs out check if any of them are wet? Coolant losses & milky white goo under the oil cap & on dipstick is a pointer
Mine produced white smoke & slight judder on the throttle from stop start so I changed the PCV valve & its never done it since
A blown gasket usually means power loss as 1 or more cylinders won't combust properly it feels like misfires on acceleration