What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Does anyone know how to turn the traffic messages OFF

A

Anonymous

Hi All
I have the Sat Nav Media Package and I am finding the traffic warning messages REALLY annoying when I am just driving round town. I want to hear them when I am on a motorway journey but not when popping down to the shops.
The Traffic Management menu just seems to give options for what sort of messages you get and what radius you want to pick up the messages from, but no option to turn them off altogether
On the BBC radio stations when the traffic warning cuts in, a message comes up on the screen "Do you want to continue listening to this message (or something like that) and you can fiddle the jog wheel to NO, press OK and get rid of it, but that doesn't happen on all channels and I want to be able to stop them interrupting in the first place as it is really irritating if you are listening to something on the radio.
Cheers
Sarah

A

Anonymous

Re: Doesa nyone know how to turn the traffic messages OFF

Hi Sarah

I don't have the satnav package so my info will probably be useless but here goes anyway: on the standard radio you can select from the button that says TA/PTY whether to have the traffic alerts or not. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Lorraine

A

Anonymous

Hi Sarah

Whilst listening to the Radio press the Center OK button this brings up the Radio Menu. I think it's first option is TA (Traffic Announcment) press OK again to take away the tick. When you go back to the radio the TA displayed on bottom right should no longer be there.
Same as when you are using SatNav press the OK button to bring up SatNav options 1D, 1.5D and 3D display plus others.

Hope this helps
Grant

A

Anonymous

Try going into the radio configuration setup on your display - I'm sure you can select to turn of RDS all the time.

A

Anonymous

RDS has nothing to do with the Traffic Announcements. RDS enables you to continue listening to same radio station by retuning itself as you drive from area to area.

For TA and RDS see page 218/219 of the handbook.

A

Anonymous

or if you are listening to radio you can use the voice command "TA OFF" or "TA ON" which is easier when driving :)