What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dodo Juice; any experience out there?

A

Anonymous

Does anyone have any experience of Dodo Juice wax and how effective it is? They do one for pearlescent colours and I'm thinking of taking the plunge...but before I do...

A

Anonymous

I've not used their wax, but their clay is good. Just bought their quik detailer too, not used it yet, but feels like baby oil!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi there SnapHappyChappy :greetings-wavingblue:

I've used a few Dodo waxes over the past few years and they are lovely products to work with and smell delicious too :thumbup:

Which wax are you referring to for pearlescent colours?

They do waxes for different coloured cars. They are made to suit certain colours so that they bring out the best in them. They also do hard and soft waxes for different colours too. The harder wax gives better durability but there's nothing wrong with the soft waxes, just need to apply more often - when you get the urge :thumbup:
I've used Orange Crush, Banana Armour, Supernatural and Purple Haze Pro. Purple Haze Pro gave the longest durability - it lasted nearly 5 months (with 2 layers and top ups with Dodo Juice Tropical Mist). Supernatural can be used on any colours but having said that, any of them can be used on any colour! If you go with using a Dodo wax I would suggest that you also use their pre wax cleanser - Lime Prime, its a brilliant product and leaves a great base for the wax. Just be careful because there is also LIme Prime Lite, which can have some issues. The normal Lime Prime is a breeze to use.

The list below shows which waxes work best with each colour
http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk/which- ... ce-wax.php

Just maybe something else to think about. On white cars, it is said that a sealant is better suited than a wax, as a wax tends to mute a colour and metallic/pearlescent flake. To really make flake pop in the sunlight, a sealant will really bring it out and gives a crisper, sharper look to white. Its entirely your choice what you go for and what look you are trying to achieve. Sealants also tend to have better durability than wax.

On my pearl white I've only had sealants, apart from the summer, when I topped it with a lovely boutique wax and it does appear crisper and the flake is great :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Dodo Juice Tropical Mist

That's the detailer I mean - it smells lovely :)

RCZ1 said:
Lime Prime

We've got that too, mmmmmmm :thumbup: (can I use that before a sealant?)

I think I'm going to concetrate on using the sealants rather than waxes too - I want my Amber Red to really sparkle!

A

Anonymous

I am 69 and over many many years of motoring I have used almost every make of polish on 30 diferent cars, my latest I consider the best I have ever used, bilt hamber cleanser polish, my car looks amazing, combine that with mer wheel polish and the result is perfect.

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
I am 69 and over many many years of motoring I have used almost every make of polish on 30 diferent cars, my latest I consider the best I have ever used, bilt hamber cleanser polish, my car looks amazing, combine that with mer wheel polish and the result is perfect.

You have it it one there bradshaw the blit hamber cleanser polish is a perfect base for any wax it also leaves some protection as well and helps fill the lighter swirls top that with any wax or for great durabilty top with 2 coats of blit hamber finis wax.

RCZ1

Reaction score
donnaj1dlh said:
RCZ1 said:
Dodo Juice Tropical Mist

That's the detailer I mean - it smells lovely :).
Yes it does, as do most Dodo products. :thumbup:

RCZ1 said:
Lime Prime

We've got that too, mmmmmmm :thumbup: (can I use that before a sealant?)
Which sealant are you thinking of using? Lime Prime is quite oily so you may have issues with the sealant bonding with it.

I think I'm going to concetrate on using the sealants rather than waxes too - I want my Amber Red to really sparkle!

You won't go far wrong with a sealant. It will really make your Amber zing :thumbup: They are less temperamental than waxes and can be used in warm weather as well as cold, which can be problematic for some waxes.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Which sealant are you thinking of using? Lime Prime is quite oily so you may have issues with the sealant bonding with it.

You won't go far wrong with a sealant. It will really make your Amber zing :thumbup: They are less temperamental than waxes and can be used in warm weather as well as cold, which can be problematic for some waxes.

I was going to carry on using my Autoglym one ...
http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/auto ... ction.aspx
You approve???

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've not used it but if you are happy with it then stick with it. It says that it's oily so it may work with the Lime Prime underneath. Try using both on your bonnet first and if the sealant seems to apply ok on top of the Lime
Prime and buffs easily then you will be ok for the rest of the car.