What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Disgusting Service!

A

Anonymous

Sounds like Marshalls Cambridge. If you don't have extended warranty, they'll suggest the more expensive parts. One you mention that you have the extended warranty, they avoid replacing parts at any cost. Maybe because the company paying for the service will question them. I was charged twice for the inspection of some knocking (brakes replaced by them wasn't properly fitted), one time the plastic tray under the engine was loose (after service, knocking again), oil pipe behind engine left loose after turbo replaced, the first bit where the air enters before the filter (which should slide in some kinf of "rail") was left attached just by one side, the cooland reservoir lid cracked after service, engine fuse box lid/cover cracked after service. The only reason I've moved from my RCZ is because the dealer in Cambridge is pathetic, and would be a pain to drive some distance every time I need to sort something out. Ended buying a Sportage, as the dealer in Cambridge is really good (my brother is on his 2nd car with them, and any problem is sorted in the first opportunity).

A

Anonymous

I'm only after good service and actually getting what I'm paying for if I actually need it.

I'm not after causing trouble or stitching people up or compensation etc - just want my car fixed without the feeling of being had over.

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi Dean6, as always it annoys me to hear of any dealer/ retailer acting in this way especially when it's a Main Agent as the reason many folk pay their premium service costs is in the hope that they will get a high level of service that is backed up by the marque (Peugeot) who they represent. One also expects that all their technicians meet a minimum required standard prescribed by Peugeot themselves. Personally my rule of thumb is I always feel a bit concerned when I know more about the product/car than the person working on or selling it !

I would recommend that you put the matter in writing to the Managing Director of the company (Norton Way) explaining the situation and invite a time limited written response to your letter. It could be that the Director/s are unaware of the level of service being given by their junior managers and would take a dim view of the smugness and poor customer service that you have suffered.

Letters although more onerous than verbal communications are auditable whereas the content of telephone calls and conversations are always subject to interpretation, recollection and downright denial as highlighted by what was NOT written on your initial invoice/ report about the cam chain by the dealer !

.the big blue (..contact Trading Standards, they also have draft letters online that may assist you in this regrettably more and more common lacking quality of service) :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Just a quick update....

I took my car back to the garage that had originally changed my timing chain. They ran diagnostics and carried out checks and test drives and it turns out that all they had to do was to reset adaptions (whatever that means??).

Whatever they did seems to have worked! Had the car back about a week now and I've done a few hundred miles and the warning light has stayed off and my car is running better than ever!

Just shows you that if I had taken Peugeots word for it, then I would be nearly £1000 down now for work that didn't need doing!

Reporting this to the Managing Director of Peugeot. Waste of time reporting it to the branch or even the Customer Service manager - they couldn't care less.