What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Discovered a major design floor

A

Anonymous

Glad it's not just mine letting the water into the boot upon opening. I think most of it is sitting on top of the spoiler before opening. I always forget to flip the spoiler up before opening to try this theory! (Or park with the spoiler up when it's raining!)

A

Anonymous

It happens to me as well. I was quite shocked when it first happened but it seems to be okay if you open it a crack and wait.

There are two (or maybe three from memory) drainage holes at the bottom of the plastic bit of the boot that allow the water to flow away, if you've opened the boot slowly :p

richard.au

Reaction score
Scott barton said:
I'd hardly car a bit of water A MAJOR DESIGN FLAW.
Bursting in flames is a major design flaw.

yes.. search youtube for ferrari and fire - synonymous :(

oh.. and why are you using the boot anyway.. that just adds more weight, slows you down :)

that's what a courier is for :)

A

Anonymous

butcheroo said:
After all this rain recently I have come across a really **** design floor in our beloved RCZ.

I expect most of you have experienced this anyway. Its a rainy day your car is soaked, you open your boot and you guessed it a load of water runs from the top of the boot into the boot itself. My gym bag and coat got soaked.

What a crap design that is, mate at work says his TT does the same.

pants :crazy:

I read about this before purchasing - had a similar problem with my old Megane. And then I was pleasantly surprised - on a rainy day the water runs off the hatch and around the boot seals. I'm not sure if its because I have a newer model - it's a '13 plate.

A

Anonymous

TheLeyshonator said:
butcheroo said:
After all this rain recently I have come across a really **** design floor in our beloved RCZ.

I expect most of you have experienced this anyway. Its a rainy day your car is soaked, you open your boot and you guessed it a load of water runs from the top of the boot into the boot itself. My gym bag and coat got soaked.

I read about this before purchasing - had a similar problem with my old Megane. And then I was pleasantly surprised - on a rainy day the water runs off the hatch and around the boot seals. I'm not sure if its because I have a newer model - it's a '13 plate.

My rcz, my HONDA FN2,FOCUS ST have all done this, to certain levels, so its common,if thats all thats wrong with your car be gratefull :beer:

A

Anonymous

TheLeyshonator said:

The easiest workaround is to open it slowly.

A

Anonymous

Or if its raining put ur shopping in the backseats. It's not like anybody's ever gonna be using em.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
TheLeyshonator said:
butcheroo said:

My rcz, my HONDA FN2,FOCUS ST have all done this, to certain levels, so its common,if thats all thats wrong with your car be gratefull :beer:

Don't think I made it clear re-reading my original post. It seems that the newer model RCZs don't have this problem :D

A

Anonymous

TomC said:
TheLeyshonator said:

The easiest workaround is to open it slowly.

:eusa-think: this is fair enough if it is just standing water but if the water is standing and it's dinging down rain then sack "the slow open". Instead get yourself the rubber boot tray.