What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Discovered a major design floor

A

Anonymous

After all this rain recently I have come across a really shit design floor in our beloved RCZ.

I expect most of you have experienced this anyway. Its a rainy day your car is soaked, you open your boot and you guessed it a load of water runs from the top of the boot into the boot itself. My gym bag and coat got soaked.

What a crap design that is, mate at work says his TT does the same.

pants :crazy:

A

Anonymous

I have a better one......

After it's rained, open window (to lazily wipe off mist on inside) and get caught when auto wiper operates and pushes water off screen. A large amount gets dumped down inside of door (and onto your arm if on your side)! You get a right shower not just a few spots. :cry:

A

Anonymous

butcheroo said:
After all this rain recently I have come across a really **** design floor in our beloved RCZ.

I expect most of you have experienced this anyway. Its a rainy day your car is soaked, you open your boot and you guessed it a load of water runs from the top of the boot into the boot itself. My gym bag and coat got soaked.

What a crap design that is, mate at work says his TT does the same.

pants :crazy:

Yeah...it is a rather annoying design flaw. You practically need a tarp to place over anything that's in the boot...

A

Anonymous

I was gonna slag you lot off for being big Jessie's... Till I remembered I drove to work last week with a chamois on my lap to soak up the water that would inevitably come in...

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
I can't remember owning a car wich doesn't have that problem of water running into the boot. (309, 206, 406) On the 406 I find it really anoying (my dad's car). On the RCZ I learned to live with it. Form beats function in this case. :oops:

A

Anonymous

it's the side windows that bug me more.

Imagine the scenario, very damp dewy morning, just driving out of the street thinking "mmm can't see out of the side windows" so you open them full whack only to get what seems a bucket of water pour in ... I blame that damn GTechnic window stuff as it's running off the windscreen round the roof rails and into my face :evil:

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:

Imagine the scenario, very damp dewy morning, just driving out of the street thinking "mmm can't see out of the side windows" so you open them full whack only to get what seems a bucket of water pour in ... I blame that damn GTechnic window stuff as it's running off the windscreen round the roof rails and into my face :evil:

Hahahaha...that's an awesome shout! That really is annoying!!! I've don't it a number of times now...you'd think I'd learn but like a moth to light...

RCZ1

Reaction score
donnaj1dlh said:

Clear your side windows before you drive off - simples :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
donnaj1dlh said:

Don't you just hate a smartypants! :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
RCZ1 said:
donnaj1dlh said:

Don't you just hate a smartypants! :eusa-whistle:

Hahaha...

RCZ1 you are clearly unaware of my tardiness of a morning!! :)

A

Anonymous

My TT did exactly the same, anyone who tells you different is talking rubbish!!!

A

Anonymous

The first time of opening the boot and having the torrent of water pour in made me think.

:!:

The second time of opening the boot, I held and lifted the boot lid SLOWLY.
No torrent of water.

It really is that simple :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Yes I experienced this at the weekend too (much worse if you wax your car as the water pools as well)!!

One side was not too bad, but I found it pours in where the fuel filler hole is.

I have owned many cars and this is the first where it actually drains straight in (maybe it was designed for warm weather countries he he).

A

Anonymous

I'd hardly car a bit of water A MAJOR DESIGN FLAW.
Bursting in flames is a major design flaw.

A

Anonymous

yep does it on my V also.not so bad if you open boot. slowly

A

Anonymous

And then all the water that hasn't gone into your boot trickles out through the hole by the lock and wets your feet!!!

A

Anonymous

I keep looking for a flaw in the floor, but there doesn't seem to be one...

A

Anonymous

arjay said:
I keep looking for a flaw in the floor, but there doesn't seem to be one...

Sadly there is. On the RHD manual versions...no rest for your clutch foot. Not a "major" flaw perhaps, more of an oversight...