What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dirty oil

Petrus Doyle

Reaction score
Hi, I've had my pretty red Rcz for a couple of weeks now and really pleased, the car from a dealer came with recent stamped service confirmation. I checked fluid levels a few days ago and was surprised to see the oil was brown, is this normal in a 1.6 petrol? Car has 33000 miles
Thanks for any advice
Petrus

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The oil in a petrol RCZ goes black very quickly after a service.
You must make sure you check the level once a week, more often if the car is in daily use. Don’t wait for the oil light to warn you it needs topping up. It’s too late if that happens. The Prince engine is very susceptible to damage if the oil level is allowed to drop & it can use oil too.
Keep the level as close to the top mark on the dipstick as possible, but don’t overfill as this can also be detrimental.

Petrus Doyle

Reaction score
Thank you DKZ, that has put my mind at ease, I like your car you've got a high shine there. The wheels are nice in black, I am having mine refurbed next week graphite grey.