What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dirty Map sensor ?

Cycle Guy

Reaction score
I have a low milage (18,000 miles) Hdi That i am having a few issues with loss of power I have claen both the Map and Maf sensors with no effect so I have just taken out the Map sensor and it is very dirty againg after just about 300 miles. Is this due to the EGR valve needing cleaning ? I have also noticed that the is quite a bite of smoke from the exhaust when warm and just ticking over. any suggestion as to what may be the problem.
Thanks

Cycle Guy

Reaction score
Too much fuel not enough air?
So what should I be looking for that may be causing the over fueling ? I have done all the reugular mantanance oilss and filters and cleaning of the Maf and Map sensors Pedro ?

Pedro

Reaction score
Try adding a fuel additive then take the car for a burn out it maybe a build of crap in the system use shell VPower to see if it makes any difference the exhaust smoke can be oil residues being burn off when the engine is getting hot?
Over fueling is a result of metered airflow being wrong for the fuel/air ratio