What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dirty boys now clean!!!

A

Anonymous

I've attached a pic of the dirty boys :D

Now for the clean boys! Flash is reflecting the road so his bottom still looks dirty - doh! Have included piccy of Troy's boy too - he has come up better than Flash - have come to the conclusion that red cars are easier to clean than Black!

A

Anonymous

I hope your right about red cars being easier to clean... :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

flash looks well clean and ime sure he gets spoiled lots just make sure next time troy shares the tyre dressing with flash or he may start to pug (flash that is not troy ) :dance: the car looks great

RCZ1

Reaction score
Looking well smart - both of them. My last car was red and it was a joy to clean. Even when it was dirty, it used to really shine.
Now I've got white...................................

A

Anonymous

Both looking excellent and I would agree that red is easier to keep clean. My last car was red and its predecessor was black. The red always looked sparkling even without wax whereas the black...'nuff said :(

A

Anonymous

I used to have a black Ford Focus.. that was hard work to clean.. glad to hear red will be easier! :clap:

A

Anonymous

Thx - they do look lovely - just wish I had time to take Flash somewhere scenic to take his piccy - it looks as if he never leaves our front door!

The black is terribly difficult - Troy says the paint is soft? When we clean him, he ends up with swirls and tiny tiny scratches all over him - as you say you need wax for a black car. However, it is a very rewarding job when you are finished - even if it does take all day. I imagine the white ones are just as bad?

Someone mentioned in another thread about car cleaning products specially for black paint so I will keep an eye out at the Top Gear show for them. We still can't decide whose car to take!!!!!!

:wave:

A

Anonymous

just posted a thread on on the car care forum (autoglym opinions) ive got the charcoal and as you say flash being a dark colour it does show swirls ect but ime really happy with the ultra deep shine it sorts all that out

A

Anonymous

We've got some autoglym products - the final wax Flash gets is an Autoglym product (um...dunno what it's called tho'!). It does do the job but I have to put it on Flash after every wash, whereas the red car has only been waxed once this year!

I never knew about all this detailing stuff before I got Flash - it's a whole new world! :)

A

Anonymous

Use AG Super Resin Polish to help mask the swirl marks and then finish with a quality wax OR sealant for protection. I can't seeany swirls on my Opal white...but aalready some evidence on the black roof. Be v.careful with black!!!

Trouble with white (and black) is that it really shows the splashes at the bottom of the doors/wing.

A

Anonymous

Anyone used the the local carwash IMO / EMO as the local hand carwash is shut ... Would the brushes scratch the arches? Lawrence needs a clean and it's too cold to do by hand as I live in an apartment in Cardiff bay and up and down in the lift also carpark is frozen still

A

Anonymous

wouldnt use the auto wash,only on a older car. they are very agressive and also miss a lot of the paintwork / wheels.
the local supermarket hand car cleaners do quite a good job.

RCZ1

Reaction score
DON'T, whatever you do, take it through a car wash. Its the worst thing that you could do.
I'd rather leave it dirty for a bit longer than take it through the car wash.