What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Differences between 156 & 200

A

Anonymous

Mods delete if already covered.

what are the differences between the two powerplants?

I know with MGs the higher spec 160 had tougher pistons and a more aggressive cam.

Is the difference between the two engines in the RCZ strictly Software related?

Guess what I mean is does it justify the extra £2,000 in price?

I know of a 207 GTi over here which is already over 200Bhp with a decat and remap which cost a lot less than £2,000 :?

A

Anonymous

Not sure whether the powerplant differences are just re-mapping, or more than that.

However, the THP200 also gets:

- tweaked suspension (stiffer anti-roll bars, etc.)
- tweaked gear ratios (I think)
- butterfly valve in exhaust for more aggressive exhaust note

A

Anonymous

I was aware of the anti roll bars and bushes but not the Butterfly valve in the exhaust.

I assume its like most sports cars and the valves will open at a set RPM and keep it quiet below a certain threshold?

My MG had one... but that was quickly disabled and kept open at all times :lol:

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
I assume its like most sports cars and the valves will open at a set RPM and keep it quiet below a certain threshold?

Believe so - had a 200 for a weekend while my GT HDI was in the garage. It was certainly fun, and makes a nice noise :thumbup:

Glad I decided to go for the HDI though - nearly as quick without the thirst

A

Anonymous

My folks have the HDi in their 407 Coupe and I must admidt its a very nice engine!

A

Anonymous

*Update*

Engine wise from what i've found on the tinternet the 200 has a Higher Pressure Turbo wheras the 156 has a Lower Pressure Turbo.

Going on that being the only two engine differences it should be safe to get a 156 Remapped.