What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diesel Models - Particle Filter Warning Light Illumination

A

Anonymous

The following is intended as some helpful guidance for those of you driving a Diesel Engined RCZ.

The Particle Filter (DPF) is located in the exhaust line and its purpose is to prevent soot and other pollutants from entering the atmosphere. Periodically, it is necessary for the vehicle to clean the filter of the accumulated soot. This process is known as regeneration of the filter.

The warning light is there to advise the driver that the DPF is becoming blocked due to a number of unsuccessful attempts by the vehicle to regenerate (clean) the particle filter. This can happen if the vehicle is used for short journeys and start-stop driving.

If the warning light appears, drive the car until normal operating temperature is reached, then continue driving at a speed of at least 35 - 40 mph until the light goes out (as detailed in the owners' handbook). A time of around 20 minutes is recommended to complete a full regeneration.

Occasionally, the warning light may appear at a high speed. This can be due to the DPF being partially blocked from previous unsuccessful regenerations. The higher rate of exhaust flow at higher engine speeds through the partially blocked filter puts the light on.

Should this happen, drive the vehicle at around 60mph and the warning light should extinguish after a couple of minutes as the regeneration process starts.

A

Anonymous

Re: Diesel Models - Particle Filter Warning Light Illuminati

:text-goodpost:

Thanks for the information and the proposed solutions - most welcome.

Haven't had this happen to me yet, although good to be prepared :thumbup:

:beer:

A

Anonymous

Nice one thanks. Thanks for the heads up.

Davie

Reaction score

Thanks for the information, happened to me yesterday,pleased i read this.

A

Anonymous

Short journeys? Stop - start driving? What are they? I don't think Lawrence will have that dashboard light comin on... He is coming up for 10 months old now and 26,000 (s)miles

A

Anonymous

Ive had the warning light on cause I was driving like miss daisy! All sorted now- thought I was gonna need a new filter!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info Peugeot.

I've had my warning come on a couple of times now - however, all of them have been after I've been on the motorway for about an hour at between 50 - 70 mph, so I would imagine the exhaust gases should be well up to temperature by then.

My car is booked in for a service in a couple of weeks, so I've mentioned it to the dealer to ask them to take a look when it goes in.