What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diamondbrite paint protection

Bas

Reaction score
I'm considering having Diamondbrite paint protection professionally applied to the paintwork on my recently acquired RCZ. I understand it is a two stage process. Wondering if anyone has had this done?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Normally this sort of product is put on car's from new as was informed if you are thinking of having it put on a secondhand car the cars paintwork will need to be free from any blemishes as if not when coating put on its going to be sealed in and will always be there...

Bas

Reaction score
Thanks, Verminator. The paintwork is good but not without some blemishes. I think I may just continue to get exercise with hand polishing!

apple3337

Reaction score
You can do an amazing job yourself with a random orbital polisher, foam pads and a product such as Meguiars Ultimate compound. Before you get into it though, find a friendly detailer to measure the thickness of the clear coat. The car might have been cut before and you don't want to go through the clear.

Reactions: Bas

Bas

Reaction score
Thanks for that, Apple3337. I will check out a friendly local detailer. It would be good to know if the car has been previously cut.
Happy RCZ-R motoring "down-under".