What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diamond cut alloy wheels repair

A

Anonymous

Booked two of my Solstice Anthracite 19" Alloy Wheels in for some repair work to make good the scuffs I unfortunately made on both front wheels some 11 months ago and repair a nice scratch someone made on my wing mirror (accidental, but still annoying).

Got some quotes in from Chipsaway, prestinealloywheels and revive-uk. All came in roughly same price, but decided to go with Chipsaway as repair cannot be done locally (for A1 perfect repair) as they are diamond cut wheels. It will take up to three days to fix, but they are providing a free courtesy car (fiat 500), just add fuel! Will make a change from the RCZ. Just hope I don't kerb them when I get it back.

Prestinealloywheels have a wheel exchange programme, but no luck with the RCZ wheels and no courtesy car. They also cannot repair paint work issues (all in the name!). Revive-uk also don't have a courtesy car option, so easy choice to make. Have used revive-uk before though and they did do an excellent job.

Parking should be easy. Hope its not pink.

A

Anonymous

Good luck with the repairs, hope they do a good job! Gonna take some before and after pics for us??

I'm getting my kerbed Sportilege repaired next Friday. Going to leave the RCZ at home on axle stands and drop the wheel off at the repairers!!! I've got a local place in Aberdeen to do mine, fingers crossed for a decent job ... but then anything will be better than the scuff that's there just now!

A

Anonymous

Ah lucky me, not got the car yet but when I do I'm sure at some point I'll scuff wheels. My work has a diamond cut machine for doing jet engine bearings. They say it will do wheels no problem ;)
And before anyone starts. No I can take your wheels into work :)

A

Anonymous

Starky said:
And before anyone starts. No I can take your wheels into work :)

Bugger! You could have been on to a good thing there ££££££!!!

A

Anonymous

Donna let us know how it goes. Wouldn't mind getting a couple of mine looked at.

A

Anonymous

Donna I got all 4 of my A5 wheels refurbished at local place in Dyce, they did a great job and had car back same day :clap: