What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diagbox....can I?

nicpy

Reaction score
I wondered if any users of Diagbox or Peugeot Planet 2000 have found a way to wipe the faults journal, I am getting an occasional `risk of clogging particulate filter (DPF)` notification which goes off after a few miles.
i thought I had eliminated the cause which was an overfilled sump. These notifications or fault reports go into the fault journal.......it is a new car to me (but second RCZ) be nice to start it off with a clean sheet? Just a feeling that the notification is coming from the journal.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you might find the over filled sump is because it's not re-generating, not causing it not to.
Be very careful, an elevated crankcase oil level can cause run away. Which you certainly do not want.
Unless you want a very dead RCZ.

nicpy

Reaction score
That is very good advice. I have done the oil and filter change within the last few days and will keeping a close eye on the sump oil level. I took it out yesterday and sat at 4000 rpm for around twenty miles in third gear. Which should have cleared some of the `muck` out of the DPF! The car has shall I say, led a sheltered life, very low mileage, in a country side environment, I am hoping that it just needs using. so far there has been no re-occurrence of `possible particulate filter clogging`, but if necessary I will do a forced regeneration.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
You might find making it work for a living will do it good. It is a sports car after all!
It certainly didn't harm any of my Peugeot HDi cars.

As for Planet, I haven't used it since my RCZ went last year so I can't recall the ins and outs unfortunately.
Although I do still have it, on a very decrepit old laptop :lol:

Reaction score
Yes you can wipe errors with Planet
Best to clear cloged fap filter is to drive at 2200 rpm, for one hour, for fap filter to self regenerate you must drive around 20 km one way, short ride is not good for fap filter, also force regeneration is harmful for engine, if cloged fap filter occurs drive for half or one hour at 2200 rpm, best is to go on highway and to turn cruise control, you can also put fap filter cleaner that you can buy at any shop, best is one bottle in 1/4 tank or 2 in full tank, this also helps when forced regeneration wont start, because fiter is too cloged it will burn soot in filter, just drive at least for one hour and half on highway, diesel is not for short rides ....