What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

DHI GT or 200 GT

A

Anonymous

Which one of these to choose? test drove both now and still unsure very impressed with HDI but love the sound and feel of the 200 GT. Oh well toss of a coin I think, heads or tails ?

A

Anonymous

I occasionally have long commute's to do, so went for the HDI. If it wasn't for this, I'd have gone for the 200GT in a heartbeat.

A

Anonymous

Don't allow yourself to be seduced by the power of the dark side :twisted: ........go for the 200 GT :lol:

A

Anonymous

If you do the miles, the Hdi is worth every penny. My 40 mile commute through the deepest darkest depths of Dorset on average is returning 49.5 over the past two weeks. I still am able to have some fun when I need to overtake!!!

A

Anonymous

With fuel economy of ~40mpg on the combined cycle plus 200bhp and 200lbft I was seriously impressed with the tiny little 1.6 petrol, not too mention the suspension tweaks, exhaust note and less weight over the nose made me go for the petrol.

A

Anonymous

Well I ordered the 200GT on Monday morning, the dealer has managed to get me a Mercury grey with black intergral & vision pack for Sept. I had to compromise as I was going to get simple Lama leather. :dance:

A

Anonymous

I picked up my GT 200 this morning in the rain, :eusa-think: but that was all forgotton once I drove off the forecourt then taking the long way home. All I can say is WHAT A CAR ! :clap:

A

Anonymous

ITs got to be GT 200, you will regret it if you go diesel.The petrol version is very fast for overtaking. You know the 200 sounds better and better handling, Go round a few large circles you will notice the difference. Ive done 3000 miles in mine and im averaging 36 mpg and that includes some high speed travelling on the french peage.

FGRob

Reaction score
chatty said:
ITs got to be GT 200, you will regret it if you go diesel.The petrol version is very fast for overtaking. You know the 200 sounds better and better handling, Go round a few large circles you will notice the difference. Ive done 3000 miles in mine and im averaging 36 mpg and that includes some high speed travelling on the french peage.
That must have cost a bit, I was getting an average of 42 mpg on the same roads up to second stage spoiler at times, plenty of power to overtake and no real problems with the handling - oh yes I forgot mines a 156. :shock:

Rob

A

Anonymous

If you value handling above all RCZ 200. For long distances on highway HDI.

nastro azzurro

Reaction score
Pick my HDI up tomorrow. Would have had the 200 in a heart beat but was told when I ordered that I wouldn't get the 200 until after christmas..........
Just hope the HDI doesn't disappoint as i've not driven one yet!
I would still have the 200 so if anybody wants to swap...................??!!

nastro azzurro

Reaction score
Had a drive in the 200 on Saturday, when my car was having its 1000 mile check.
I definately picked the wrong engine.
The 200 is far quicker, smoother and sounds the nuts when you push it.
If any one is in any doubt about choice of engines, dont hesitate, get the 200.
Really disappointed with my choice now. With its looks this car talks the talk but unfortunately without the 200 engine it cant walk the walk.

A

Anonymous

Too bad you're disappointed now. It would probably have been better not to tempt yourself by driving the 200. As for accepting what we've got I changed from a 2.0L to the 156 and am most definitely NOT disappointed. Enjoy your HDI and put the 200 out of your mind. You've still got a great car :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I have had my HDi FOR 4 WEEKS NOW,ABSOLUTELY SUPERB.No doubt you will love it,I am averaging 45 mpg around town,havent done a long trip yet

A

Anonymous

hi had my hdi since august one of the best cars i have driven with all the speed cameras and road humps i should,nt think many people reach the top end in either diesel or petrol unless they want to say goodbye to their licence for a while if you want economy and a good drive stick to the hdi great

A

Anonymous

nastro azzurro said:
Had a drive in the 200 on Saturday, when my car was having its 1000 mile check.
I definately picked the wrong engine.
The 200 is far quicker, smoother and sounds the nuts when you push it.
If any one is in any doubt about choice of engines, dont hesitate, get the 200.
Really disappointed with my choice now. With its looks this car talks the talk but unfortunately without the 200 engine it cant walk the walk.

HDI(only RCZ I have driven), is great luxury cruiser(black, black leather), has bigger steering wheel, but crucially it is heavy and natural even at low speed. Hdi pretty vocal, but in a good way. If you are not going for the ultimate involvement and adjustability, but want a good feeling coupe, Hdi is a great choice. Plus it is still very involving to drive, holds the road in a terrific way, and tail comes into play if provoked(on the brakes too). 200 is surely more racy and direct, but Hdi allready is a great car. If you want more unstresfull drive, HDI is better than 200 I think. But 200 must be racier, so...

nastro azzurro

Reaction score
J_SLADE1 said:
hi had my hdi since august one of the best cars i have driven with all the speed cameras and road humps i should,nt think many people reach the top end in either diesel or petrol unless they want to say goodbye to their licence for a while if you want economy and a good drive stick to the hdi great

Its not about the top end. Its about the acceleration, the mid range and the noise it makes. You just dont get that aural pleasure from the diesel nor that kick in the a##e from the acceleration! The engine rasp at 7000 rpm sounds fantastic! The 200 also feels lighter and more agile and inspires more confidence when driving quickly. Take it out on a B road and you,ll understand what I mean. I prefer the narrow gate on the gearbox too.
Dont get me wrong, as a tool rather than a toy, the diesel ticks all the boxes; great mpg, low emmissions therefore low tax, good cruiser etc etc.
If I had to use the car every day, to commute or for business and was concerned about economy, then the diesel would be the right choice. But I buy my cars with my heart rather than my head which is why for me the diesel disappoints.
I have got the chance to change mine for the dealer sales managers 200. It is the same age and mileage with a similar spec ( although it has JBL sound and sat nav over mine ) and they'll let me keep my onyx wheels BUT..............they want £3800 to change :eek:
Needless to say, I shall be keeping the diesel!!

A

Anonymous

£3,800 I dont blame you for keeping it. 7000 rpm thats pedal to the metal stuff ok I was young once. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A

Anonymous

I do 35,000 miles per year so I've always had diesels, the secret is, if you do the mileage and you choose the deisel, don't take the 200 for a test drive.

Coming from a 2.2 Type S GT cdti I've always loved the way it drove, but after trying the RCZ HDi, I know I've made the right choice.

Test drove the Scirocco 2.0 140bhp and it felt a bit flat.