What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Detailing video myself and defined details

A

Anonymous

I would never have the balls to micro sand my own paintwork. :shock: :eek: :eek:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Mm a lot of people seem to be going back to sponges. I don't know if they are different to the sponges of old but I think I will stick with my "cat" (sorry wash mitt). As long as you stick with the 2 bucket method, people seem to think they won't do any harm. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I have the two buckets, but found it to be too much of a faff, so simply use the one. It has a grit guard so why is it necessary to place your mitt into a different bucket ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
I have the two buckets, but found it to be too much of a faff, so simply use the one. It has a grit guard so why is it necessary to place your mitt into a different bucket ?

With 2 buckets it means one contains dirty water (rinse bucket) and the washing bucket remains clean water. I don't know why you think 2 buckets is a faff? When you've washed a panel, rinse the mitt in the rinse bucket ( I run my fingers through it to free anything that might be there) then put the mitt into the wash bucket and onto the next bucket. Better to be safe than sorry.

I use 2 different buckets for the wheels too. Here is a birthday present to myself.

A

Anonymous

I thought someone might say about the sponges! We were not in our own units, maxolen sell a massive range of products but were waiting on an order of washmits so we had no choice with the sponges, but as car was being corrected it was not really a problem but I will be sticking to my carpro washmit.

A lot of people do use the zymol sponge and dodo sponge if the has car a good pre wash and the sponge is cleaned off regularly and light pressure applied then the car should remain pretty swril free.

The video was more about learning, a good detailer is always learning new ways, practising trying lots of new products. The car is now wearing 7 different waxes and opticoat 2.0 for testing purposes.