What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Delorean "Never meet your heroes"

renegade79

Reaction score
So I was reading a post about the back light of the analogue clock in the rcz and there was a mention of the Delorean motor car. Well, my friend actually owns one and he let me take it out for a drive last week!!
It's one of the last models built in 1983. So I took it out for a drive and it was quite an experience! The brakes were terrible, there was no power steering, you need two hands to get into reverse and the clutch was very heavy. The engine is a 2.8 v6 and although it makes a great noise it wasn't that fast.

It got me thinking, what cars have you always wanted to drive when you were young only to drive them later in life and become really disappointed?

A

Anonymous

Re: Delorean "Never meet your heroes"

The countach - it was the car on every boys wall when I was a lad, but was awful to drive. Uncomfortable, heavy, zero visability and felt lije you were getting shaken to bits. Very noisy too. Onky nice thibg was the raw power from the engine. Was ready to hand the keys back after only 3 miles.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Tomas_90

Reaction score
If its any consolation the Delorean has a Peugeot engine :D same PRV engine foundin the 605 among others i think, only slightly modified :)

A

Anonymous

renegade79 said:
It got me thinking, what cars have you always wanted to drive when you were young only to drive them later in life and become really disappointed?

I agree, as much as I like the look of the DeLorean DMC-12 this thing is technically crap, powerless and steers like a pregnant cow.

Another one for me was the Jaguar E-Type, it drives okay-ish but I never felt "at home" inside of it. But I LOVE the look of the late V12 models :cool:

renegade79

Reaction score
The engine was the best part of my drive in the delorean, it made a great noise but not a lot of go in it!! I think the history surrounding the delorean is more interesting than the car itself!!

Tomas_90

Reaction score
First time i ever saw a Delorean was this past May 1st, so 25 days ago. Never seen one in real life before that! Was a pleasant surprise i must say!

renegade79

Reaction score
totally agree with you there. :beer:
the car is a looker alright and attracts a lot of attention. it's really low to the ground and gives that seat of the pants feeling!! i think the most memorable car that i would like to drive has to be the f355 in rosso red of course. some day maybe......

Tomas_90

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
totally agree with you there. :beer:
the car is a looker alright and attracts a lot of attention. it's really low to the ground and gives that seat of the pants feeling!! i think the most memorable car that i would like to drive has to be the f355 in rosso red of course. some day maybe......
Yes i've had a crush on the F355 a long time too (read, all my life). And it has one of the very best exhaust notes ever created! :)

26 seconds into the video. Dear God..... :roll:
http://youtu.be/68wGJ8zQ7ys?t=26s