What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Delay/power lag?

BobM

Reaction score
Hi guys, I hope you are well. I’m having an issue with my 2010 Petrol RCZ. When I start the car it and go it takes a while for the car to move even if I put my foot fully down on the accelerator. The revs are not going up and the power is not coming? It’s like it takes 4 or five seconds before it kicks in? I’m not sure what it is. It seems to get better once I have driven it for 5-10 mins? Any ideas? The gear changes also feel a bit “clunky”could it be something to do with that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Bob.

BobM

Reaction score
This is typical of turbocharged engines, the car does not start to push harder until the turbocharger turbine revs up, although 4 or 5 seconds seems like a lot, rather 2 or 3 seconds seem normal. It's called turbo lag.

It also depends on the revolutions, above 3000rpm the turbo lag should be less.

It is a petrol engine and needs to increase the revs to get more power.
Hi Lee thanks for the reply. Yes but this is different I have had the car for a couple of years now and it never done this before. It’s like it does not move or rev at all just stay still. Maybe it’s an issue with the turbo but I hope not. Could be the clutch or gearbox I don’t have a clue to be honest. I have booked it into the garage for Wednesday morning and keep everyone updated.

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Hi Lee thanks for the reply. Yes but this is different I have had the car for a couple of years now and it never done this before. It’s like it does not move or rev at all just stay still. Maybe it’s an issue with the turbo but I hope not. Could be the clutch or gearbox I don’t have a clue to be honest. I have booked it into the garage for Wednesday morning and keep everyone updated.
Hmm, you've got the auto yeah? Could be a torque convertor issue..let us know what the workshop finds!