What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Decisions decisions ?

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
I'm having my wheels powder coated next Tuesday and can't decide what colour to have them done.

They are currently black as per the picture bellow and am thinking of going for a gun metal grey or staying with black.

Does anyone have a good side on picture of a Black Z with gun metal wheels ?

Any help is appreciated !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

By the look on the picture, the inside part of the wheel is already gun metal in looks.
Take them off, give them a damn good wash, put them back on. ta da. Look like new. Oh, and give the tyres a blacking as well.
Black on black, nearly as sexy as grey on black.

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi jimbrodie1 :greetings-wavingblue: ..im not gonna pass comment on your current "two tone" onyx black & brake dust grey wheels PURELY on the basis that my onyx sortlinge's have a thin pinstripe of black nail varnish to conceal my kissing kerb indiscretions ! :oops:

I was considering having my wheels done and considered a gun metal colour as opposed to staying onyx black on my heavenly dolphin blue Z' ,,the colour of the sky as painted by God him/herself !! :D

I personally think that going gun metal will particularly suit the colour of your Z' on the basis that you won't be displaying three different blackish shades from one sight line i.e.; car body panel, tyre and wheel rim. Im sure is it Abz who is a whizz with photoshop or maybe another Forum guru may be able to superimpose you a pic to compare the two colour choices your considering.

.the big blue (..my onyx wheels have so much black nail varnish on them maybe they need to be rebalanced OR rather repainted) !! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Hi jimbrodie1,

Search for Lainey on the forum members - he had his done gunmetal grey and they look great!

Cheers,

Stu

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies all.

Yes they are dirty on the inside but unfortunately I do around 750 miles a week up and down the M6 going to work and back. So keeping them clean is virtually impossible without spending hours on them each week, which is one of the reasons I was considering grey, as the grey dirt / brake dust would not be so obvious ;)

Would you believe I actually got a slow puncture today, but as it goes in tomorrow for powder coating and new tyres at the same time the foot pump will be in the boot for the drive to the powders coats in the morning.

Still not decided but leaning more towards Black now I think ...... Or maybe Gunmetal ........ Or the do a real nice silver with a metal flake in it that's really bling looking in the sun arrrrrrgh :crazy: :eusa-think: