What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Decisions - Decisions!!

RCZ2o13!

Reaction score
Hey All - looking for a bit of advice from your collective brains...

My mum has been totally bitten by the RCZ bug... and I have offered to help her buy one... I am looking at two today, all 156bhp. The requirement is (as it always is!!) to buy the most reliable one I can find...

My options are:

2011 70k on the clock, one owner fsh- trade sale looks ok, alloys a bit scratched.. going for a test drive today

2010 50k on the clock, 2 owners fsh. trade sale.. haven't seen this one yet

2013 30k on the clock 4 owners, not been driven for a few years, unknown service history - and its had advisories on the breaks on the past three MOTs that haven't been sorted. Current owner not driven it far..... also not seen this one

I'm torn between either of the first two and the last one... for the 2013 the four owners puts me off, and the fact that the advisories haven't been sorted. the current owner hasn't driven it very far (less that 1,000 miles in 3 years )... but its cheap..... and could spend the extra getting the work done... The 2011 one has been sitting on the forecourt for 6 months.... but the one owner makes me think that it has been more loved.....

Please could someone who knows the car be kind enough to give their opinion? I'm test driving the 2010 and 2011 ones today...

Thanks so much in advance!

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
My options are:

2011 70k on the clock, one owner fsh- trade sale looks ok, alloys a bit scratched.. going for a test drive today

2010 50k on the clock, 2 owners fsh. trade sale.. haven't seen this one yet

2013 30k on the clock 4 owners, not been driven for a few years, unknown service history - and its had advisories on the breaks on the past three MOTs that haven't been sorted. Current owner not driven it far..... also not seen this one
2013 - Run as far as you can from the 2013 one, just too much unknown and it's not worth the hassle. IF however, you have a mechanical background and the tools to do most things yourself AND you can get it at a price with a decent reduction AND you get a professional pre-purchase inspection that passes ok...then it might be an option.

2011 - Sounds ok but mileage a bit high for my taste. If inspection comes up good and the price is right, could be a good option.

2010 - Need to know more about this one.

RCZ2o13!

Reaction score
Thanks so much RCZ Mad…

so the 2011 one was in limp mode, has had 6 owners not one… and the service history was a bit scetchy….
Looking at the 2010 one this afternoon, all i know is 52k on the clock and two owners… so guess I will know more about it when I look.

I feel the same about the 2013 one - but my other half is the complete opposite about it… saying that we would know the work that needs to be done…

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Thanks so much RCZ Mad…

so the 2011 one was in limp mode, has had 6 owners not one… and the service history was a bit scetchy….
Looking at the 2010 one this afternoon, all i know is 52k on the clock and two owners… so guess I will know more about it when I look.

I feel the same about the 2013 one - but my other half is the complete opposite about it… saying that we would know the work that needs to be done…
Wow, the 2011 one came up bad on the inspection, obviously run far far away.

The 2013? Well, I assume you're going to be the one dealing with any issues so I would make sure you do your due diligence lol

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Looking into the 156 model as a reliable RCZ choice seems to me a contradiction. That is the most unreliable model of all RCZ out there.
Or are you limited to picking the 156 and need the most reliable among these?

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Looking into the 156 model as a reliable RCZ choice seems to me a contradiction. That is the most unreliable model of all RCZ out there.
Or are you limited to picking the 156 and need the most reliable among these?
If we agree that what you say is correct, its the most unreliable model of RCZ out there, its a relative measure. If you compare it to other car brands/models, would it be considered unreliable?

When they wrote they wanted the most reliable one they could find, I'm certain they are not talking about model types, they are simply talking about whether the car they choose is in good condition and has been looked after well which would translate into less issues and therefore more reliable than one that hasn't been looked after.

As a side note, since you touched on reliability, according to WhatCar? UK, in 2013 their reliability chart listed Peugeot as number 15, being rated as more reliable than well known brands like Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Jaguar and Land Rover.

So Peugeot couldn't have been that bad during the RCZ's run.

WhatCar - reliability rating.png