What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Decisions, Decisions..... part 2

A

Anonymous

Ok, so your next mission, should you choose to accept it............

The subject of Alloy Wheels - OEM or After Market?!?

This one will end up being more of a personal opinion advice thread but it’s always good to get other people’s views.

I have opted for a Mercury Grey RCZ and really like the design of the original style alloy wheels, however being used to 19" alloys on my last few cars, I’m not overly fussed for dropping down a size for these at 18". I also think that 19" suit the style of the car better.

I have decided to go for the 19” ‘Sortilege’ Midnight Silver alloys as my option (so far?!) as I think its a good combination.

Well, the quandary is that I do quite like the alloys that were put on the concept RCZ prior to its release. They are very similar in style to the standard 18” except that they look to be 19” and they are chromed.

The closest I’ve found as aftermarket alloys are these......

So over to you.....

Am I totally wrong that these chrome alloys look good on the RCZ? Is the opinion that the OEM 'Sortilege' alloys look better than the aftermarket ones? Has anyone had any bad experiences with aftermarket alloys?? Am I just being a snob wanting big wheels?!

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds..............

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,477
  • mediaCAMC9L601.jpg
    mediaCAMC9L601.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,477
  • mediaCAP6H8TV.jpg
    mediaCAP6H8TV.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,477
  • Peugeot-308-RCZ-Concept-1.jpg
    Peugeot-308-RCZ-Concept-1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,477
  • PeugeotRCZ05.jpg
    PeugeotRCZ05.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 1,477

RCZ1

Reaction score
If I knew more about alloy wheels and what fits what, I would have chosen aftermarker alloys as personally I prefer alloys with less spokes than my Original 18 alloys but unfortunately Peugeot do not offer another design for the 18" alloys.
Alloy design is a personal thing but I do like the look of the aftermarket ones that you have shown.

A

Anonymous

After market alloys are the height of bad taste on a brand new car in my opinion the best suited alloys for mercury grey are the grey soltice alloys they look every classy and rare on the rcz as for your first decision on the vision pack even the 4300k pug bulbs need upgraded to either 5000l or 6000k xenon bulbs to match the led drls these are available from rcz performance

A

Anonymous

19" suit the RCZ better IMO. Colour choice ? Not fussed both will look good.

A

Anonymous

Personally not a fan of the aftermarket alloys. Far too many spikes I reckon. I always think that gun metal/brushed alloys look better...unless you are driving a Cadillac Escalade and making a living from hip hop...

A

Anonymous

I don't like the standard gt alloys the finish its poor as will be any sortilege alloy soltice are the way to go although all the rcz alloys are not of best quality :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

How do you tell the difference between the standard cheapy sortilege and midnight silver alloys? Please can someone tell me.

A

Anonymous

It's all in the finished coating. They appear very different in the metal and the midnight silver ones make the standard ones look ding!

A

Anonymous

Hmm mixed opinions on this one then. I guess I could always get my choice of the Sortilage Midnight Silver when I order the car and change them after ive had it a while if I want.

Maybe the next generation RCZ will have different wheel options to choose from??

Thanks guys

Ok..... Next!!

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
My personal opinion for the RCZ is nothing over 20" and no chrome. Less spokes are fine if what behind the wheel looks good (as more exposure to the brakes etc. is achieved with less spokes). If you are buying a new RCZ, get the 19's.