What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Decision almost made...

A

Anonymous

Rippers.
I love my diesel engine. Loads of torque, loads of acceleration and once "bedded in" say 10K miles circa 52-55MPG. However if you do not regularly travel for around 30 minutes at or around 60MPH you can run into troubles with the DPF as some forum member have reported. I personally have had no such issues as I travel 26miles to work at stupid O'Clock so 60MPH is on the low side :law-policered: As regard to colour you are right to choose white as it is the colour of choice for the RCZ. Pearl looks good especially in sunlight. However some cars (mine included) do tend to be different shades on the plastic panels compared to the metal ones. Nothing too dramatic, but as we tend to manicure our pride and joys, then we tend to be more aware of the subtle differences. Choose wisely choose Pearlescent White :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well I would have to say go for Pearl white, but then I would say that wouldn't I ;) No seriously, my last car was a flat colour so I purposely went for the pearl white to enjoy the flake popping :thumbup:

I have the 156 ( never driven the 200 ) and have found its got more than enough power, for my needs anyway. I do a mixture of city and country road driving and it gives me very good MPG. I average 44 mpg but have had 51 mpg on a couple of occasions. There's enough power for overtaking on country roads safely when a gap is spotted and it corners very well.

It's got a lot of pull in low gears so can put paid to those boy racers when I'm in the mood :lol:

It will, as you've also said, save you money too :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Rippers said:
Decision MADE. Car Ordered! :clap:
Sorry Rippers, but that simply is not enough information. What did you order ? Was it a Pearl White 200? What extras have you added? Etc etc :?: Is it to be a sport or a GT. We/I need to know :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

How rude of me....

Pearl white 200 GT
Black grille
Black mirrors
Black callipers

Not sure about the mirrors but thought they would go with the grille etc.... dealer says they will change them to white if I'm not keen when I see them.

Can't wait :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Just the normal 19's wheels that come with the GT. Personally I like the car as it it (a huge benefit of the RCZ over other cars like the TT) so my extras list was quite small (and inexpensive)

Rippers

RCZ1

Reaction score
Rippers said:
Just the normal 19's wheels that come with the GT. Personally I like the car as it it (a huge benefit of the RCZ over other cars like the TT) so my extras list was quite small (and inexpensive)

Rippers

I totally agree. Mine is the standard sport but just with bespoke leather interior. I do wish that Peugeot offered more design choices for the 18 inch alloys though, like they do with the 19 inch alloys.

A

Anonymous

Just a small update on the car's progress.

My dealer found me a brand new car in the spec I wanted and asked if I was willing to take the car in February as, if so, they would get this one for me. I was happy with that and it arrived last Friday. Over the weekend I went down to the dealership to have a look at the car and sign the paperwork etc. When I saw it however there was a slight difference as it didn't have the standard Sortilege wheels fitted and instead had a beautiful set of Solstice Black Onyx adorning each corner. The dealer told me that thay had a brand new set of the Sortilege wheels that they would fit for me so there was no problem. But there was... it looked amazing with the black wheels and they complimented the black grille and mirrors (something that I was initially sure about) fantastically. Surely it would have been an act of wanton vandalism to change these fantastic wheels so I stumped up a little more cash and decided to keep them.

Pick it up Friday and now every day feels as long as Christmas Even did when I was a child.

A

Anonymous

Arrived last Friday :thumbup:

No idea how to post a pic though - and I have been trying :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Rippers said:
I had the very same problem. RCZ1 got me through that stage :thumbup: But I shall leave her to explain as I am not computer literate and will not be able to convey the correct instructions

RCZ1

Reaction score
Rippers said:
Arrived last Friday :thumbup:

You need something like Photobucket to upload your pictures to ( it's free) and then copy and paste the IMG code into your post. You may need to resize your photo to something like 800 - 1000 pixels on the longest side before uploading to Photobucket.

This thread might help you too
first-day-pics-t1154.html

A

Anonymous

Yeah no nice high pixeled photos allowed on this site why :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
1000 pixels is quite large for ANY website I've been on including photography forums. They can be larger but 1000 is just the size that I tend to do. 1000 pixels is plentiful. What do you want? Larger photos are going to load slowly and people will give up waiting for them to load.