What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dealer follow up

simonpople

Reaction score
Just had a phone call from Dean Rich @ Truscotts in Barnstaple to ask if I'm still happy with my RCZ as I've had it one year.

Bought it as an ex-demo from him. Still love the car and impressed with Dean, lovely guy to do business with and so enthusiastic about everything Peugeot especiaslly RCZ's.

Shame I live in London otherwise I'd take it back for servicing there.

A

Anonymous

simonpople said:
Just had a phone call from Dean Rich @ Truscotts in Barnstaple to ask if I'm still happy with my RCZ as I've had it one year.

Bought it as an ex-demo from him. Still love the car and impressed with Dean, lovely guy to do business with and so enthusiastic about everything Peugeot especiaslly RCZ's.

Shame I live in London otherwise I'd take it back for servicing there.
Blimey. I the past four cars that I have purchased new 1 x Ford 2 x Vauxhall 1 x RCZ and I haven't even received a follow up call after taking delivery. How dealerships have changed. (not for the better)

A

Anonymous

I got a 1 week follow-up when I brought my Skoda Superb a few weeks ago :thumbup:

Hatman

Reaction score
I bought my RCZ ex-demo from Trustcotts, Helston, Cornwall. Serviced my pugs for last 15 years + give you good old fashioned service the way garages used to be & should be now. Highly recommend for service if anyone visits Cornwall. Even had the managers car, as a courtesy car. Don't see that often

A

Anonymous

Hatman. I always say and believe it to be true "I was 30 years of age the day that I was born" I am old fashioned and like old fashioned service. As you can guess I am frequently disappointed.

A

Anonymous

Honda where always phoning me up asking how the car was the services department were great :thumbup:and i never needed a courtesy car because nowt went wrong with the car :eusa-think: As for peugeot i still havnt had my car back it was put in on wedesday its now friday still no car and all just because of a tempreture sensor which is bordering inadequacy :thumbdown: must be too busy fixing other problematic peugeots ;)

Hatman

Reaction score
Only prob I have had with pugs over my lifetime has been a faulty abs block on my 207. Whenever my pugs are serviced, always receive courtesy car foc. It is a family run business.

A

Anonymous

Hatman you are in deed fortunate. I would so like to be in travelling distance of such a business. Family values, family service, what more could you want?

A

Anonymous

I have had nothing so far from my local dealer which isn't surprising to be honest the only company we ever get calls backs from are BMW/Mini which they often call up.

My sister has it the worse out of all of us she gets phone calls every month with them trying to buy her mini cooper hatchback even though she is not even considering changing it and she now out right refusing when the time comes to sell or buy from that dealership.

Hatman

Reaction score
A follow up call is not a lot to ask, the effort aspect is not substantial. Too many however you can deem as harassment.

A

Anonymous

i always have phone back calls from my dealer-Taylors of Boston. they are excellent.---------along with perrys at Lomeshawe Lancs.

A

Anonymous

There seems to be a common theme here with Truscotts dealership, part of Helston Motor Group, we bought ours from Truscotts Exeter and just the same excellent service, we have had emails and follow up calls to check all is ok. Will be having its first visit back on Monday for the well known coolant top up - will see if we get charged or not!!

A

Anonymous

From the moment the brand new car at full showroom price left the forecourt until today (and presumably continuing), I have never had one call from the selling garage * :thumbdown:

On the plus side, they did offer a reasonable :eusa-whistle: part-exchange price.
They got a steal of a car and I'm sure will have sold it on for around 5-6k more.
Hope whoever has it now is enjoying / loving that car as much as I did :thumbup:

* Won't name as I'm sure it'll be edited out for negativity