What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dealer Covid policies...?

Ecrivain

Reaction score
There's a nice 2.0 HDi at a big local second hand dealer (which appears to have a very good reputation, judging by lots of online reviews: 4.9 stars out of five), but they won't let me drive it "because of the covid situation, until we've agreed a sale". I queried this, to which they replied. "Obviously if you hate it, you can still walk away..."

Is this reasonable? Anyone know other garages' current policies?

I mean, I can understand them not wanting time wasters (and I did turn up in a very old car and T shirt and shorts LOL), but I do like to try before I buy, normally... And I'd feel awkward claiming to hate it to get out of finalising the sale. I'd like to drive, go home and think about it.

Lots of places seem to be turning to online viewing and free delivery... :oops:

Jomo

Reaction score
Hi, bought mine mid July from mid-size independent dealer - again good reputation, spoke couple of times before I managed to get there, looked car over, asked to test drive - he said yep, have disinfected car and can offer you PPE (latex gloves and mask), won’t come with you but can suggest good trial route. I bought the car

Ecrivain

Reaction score
That sounds more reasonable. Perhaps I'll take the family SEAT Altea XL next time! The company I mentioned seems to have gone a bit "Cazoo"... (Cazoo = totally online retailer, with free delivery, for anyone who's not aware of them). The local firm let me see and sit in the car, with PPE, but it all seemed a bit deserted except for one very young salesman. I think all the older staff must've been sheltering in place, upstairs, to reduce risk!
Seriously I don't make light of the situation, which has cost an awful lot of lives, but I would like to have a go in one, first. Did you finalise immediately after the test drive, or did you get a chance to go away and think about it?

Jomo

Reaction score
Hi, had opportunity to go away and think but had done the research and decided to buy the car then. Originally booked to see another one after but this was my preferred choice (I like the blue) and a fair deal. And, still very happy !
Good luck with buying yours 🤩

Jomo

Reaction score
Forgot - I bought the petrol, there are some really good tips on here for what to look out for when buying the HDI and general

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Thanks. Congratulations on getting one. I gather (from Forum titles only) that it's Dolphin Blue? (I'd been thinking of it as Air Force Blue for a month, and it's hard to kick the habit!)
Yes - it's possible to do a lot of research into cars now - especially with all the complete MOT histories online!
And as for RCZ's, I've seen/read/watched more reviews and comments than I can remember over the past couple of months.
I'm being very cautious, though... My last sports car experience (an overheating MR2, 20+ years ago) ended rather sadly, despite the delight it gave me for a couple of the three years I had it. (The third year was a rather expensive struggle, and eventually I traded it in to cut my losses... :( ). Older and (hopefully!) wiser, now...