What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

De-Badging

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Put a hair dryer for a couple of minutes over the badge and then they should just peel off. Then use a tar remover to clean off the residue from the car :)

Hatman

Reaction score
Use a hair dryer to warm badges up + fishing wire(catgut) or dental floss between bodywork/badge.

lionhart

Reaction score
Mine done with just an hair dryer..

Attachments

• RCZ.jpg
    RCZ.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 7,495

Hatman

Reaction score
lionhart said:
Not sure what to do.but that is one of the options. :eusa-think:

The facelift front badge black would look uber on the classic z to fill that rear recess, no-one has ever done that before.

Cheaper than smoothing and definitely worth a try.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
kaminski said:
Cant understand why anyone would de badge a car...are you ashamed of the marque?Its not as if badging says its a particular engine or so...discuss...

Im on standby... :law-policered: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Well I'll start off diplomatically. Kaminski, I debadged mine (well delettered it to be more accurate) because it leaves the rear lines looking smoother and more sophisticated. Also, I didn't really like the fact that the one side of the lettering was significantly more letters than the other. A bit OCD but the rear is balanced by the double bubble being mirrored by the quads I have. The two words ruined this in my eyes.

Hatman

Reaction score
4D Black Carbon Fibre, mmmm Absinthe, you KNOW that need to sway off that fence. Answer, Personalization.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Im all for personalization ;)

Now, I have opinions on both debadging and modifications, but, thats not what this thread is for. Maybe another one? ;)

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
I'm with Abz on this. I love the rear end look of the car, especially with the quads (I have the Ruffer rolled on mine) but I think the lettering spoils and narrows it.

I'm certainly not ashamed of the marque, but I also wouldn't be going in the pub and bragging that I have a Peugeot either :eusa-think:

When I first saw the RCZ in Sept 2010, 2 week before I emigrated to Australia. It was about 6 cars in front of me, I must have followed it for about 2 miles before I got close enough to see the badges to find out what it was. Got to say my first thoughts were "WTF it's a Peugeot" But knew then I had to have one :dance:

lionhart

Reaction score
Me too i'm not ashamed of the marque my last 5 cars have been peugeot's and had the rear bage's off them all.love the uncluttered look at the rear when done. :)

Hatman

Reaction score
I would never EVER be ashamed of the Peugeot marque, 20 x years, not one drop of oil between service.

A

Anonymous

kaminski said:
No im afraid i disagree of course.. same as folk argue that the mk1 is nicer than the mk2... its because you are stuck with the mk 1 thats all... its only a badge for chrissakes... i do agree however with the quad pipes sorting the back out however...cmon folks be honest why dont you... we all know what you drive.. i first came across this with youngsters ashamed of a vauxhall badge and taking it off or puting opel badges on instead... give a dog a new name and its still the same dog...all death threats will be noted.. and any one brave enough to join me.. speak up...

Kaminski, there are VERY few owners that have gone on to debadge the car. On nearly every single one of our cars (with VERY FEW exceptions), the Peugeot lion remains loud and proud. Some may have wrapped it or plasti dipped it but it's still there. You can't pose a question the denounce the response simply because you didn't get the answer you expected!! :eek: So, if you want to pick a fight, better look elsewhere! Even inflammatory remarks about being "stuck" with the mark 1 won't get a rise. We bought this car because we wanted it, not because we were forced to. A rather outlandish statement in my honest opinion.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
We delettered ours manly as the different fonts / length annoyed me.

After we removed the lettering the back of the car looks smoother, cleaner, wider, and more aggressive.

I've never liked the lettering on my cars, I've removed the letter on my v50 t5 volvo also which had 4 different sized letter sets on the back!!!

It's all personal opinion and I'm sure the next owner of our car might like them back on... The letters are cheap and we can always add them back on.

It's no different to people changing wheels, upgrading the stereo, or changing the rail color...

Heck it's the same as why I don't like the red or dolphin blue... All personal preference!

Now to put this in the weeds, tints, pumpin stereo, and 208gti knob...

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well I shall add my opinion. I've never debadged a car. Why? I don't like the look of a car without any badges on the back. It does not look right. And no offence to ANYONE but it does remind me of boy racers or people that used to take the badge off that denotes engine size so people couldn't see they had the 1.0L engine :)

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/