What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Daylight Running Lights

A

Anonymous

HI Everyone,

I have had my car a week now and prefer to run the car with the DRL function on.
Basically this means the sidelights are on permanently (at least when the ignition is on!).

Unfortunately, the sidelights are std yellow bulbs (type 380 - more commonly used as stop/tail lights) and this is made worse as I opted for the vision pack with the xenon headlights.
Anybody know if I purchase 380 White LED (360 degree output 5W) bulb if this will work?

I tried changing my std 501 bulbs on my wife's VXR to LED and they didn't work - a believe because the LED draws less current the car thisnks the bulb has failed and either ignores it or keeps setting warning messages.

Any help would be appreciated including where and where to purchase and how much a set of LED bulbs should cost would be great?
Thanks.
Bradders

A

Anonymous

Bradders said:
HI Everyone,

I have had my car a week now and prefer to run the car with the DRL function on.
Basically this means the sidelights are on permanently (at least when the ignition is on!).

Unfortunately, the sidelights are std yellow bulbs (type 380 - more commonly used as stop/tail lights) and this is made worse as I opted for the vision pack with the xenon headlights.
Anybody know if I purchase 380 White LED (360 degree output 5W) bulb if this will work?

I tried changing my std 501 bulbs on my wife's VXR to LED and they didn't work - a believe because the LED draws less current the car thisnks the bulb has failed and either ignores it or keeps setting warning messages.

Any help would be appreciated including where and where to purchase and how much a set of LED bulbs should cost would be great?
Thanks.
Bradders

Hi bradders

i dont have the RCZ yet but ordering it at the weekend, the car i drive at the moment i have put something called blue bulbs in and they are a clearer white light, as like u say i hate the std yellow bulbs

finchy

A

Anonymous

HI Finchy,

Thanks for the response, I will give them a try if the LED's I've ordered from ebay don't work.
What are you going to order?

Cheers
Bradders

A

Anonymous

Bradders said:
HI Finchy,

Thanks for the response, I will give them a try if the LED's I've ordered from ebay don't work.
What are you going to order?

Cheers
Bradders
im ordering a pearl white GT 156bhp with lots of add-ons but going to now wait till march to have it so i have the new registration, it will soon come round i hope lol

could you please let me know how you get on with the LED'S that you have ordered coz i would do the same to, also what about the LED strip lights that you can put inside of the headlamps?

A

Anonymous

sounds cool, but don't know how you could wait that long!!! lol
Happy to let you know how I get on with the LED's.
Not really thought about the strips lights as they will need additional wiring and not sure how that will impact warranty etc.
may go that way if I cannot do it by simple replacement of bulbs.

A

Anonymous

Bradders said:
sounds cool, but don't know how you could wait that long!!! lol
Happy to let you know how I get on with the LED's.
Not really thought about the strips lights as they will need additional wiring and not sure how that will impact warranty etc.
may go that way if I cannot do it by simple replacement of bulbs.

i know painful but is so gonna be worth every moment and im sure if you got peugeots to wire them up thereselves for you it would not void it but like you say check before had if you did take that route

A

Anonymous

Hi Finchy,

Finally couldn't wait any longer and went ahead and got a set of LED DRL fitted by a profession outfit in Derby - they look cool!
Also finally the white 360 degree LED side light bulbs arrived that I bought of ebay and the best 99p I have ever spent - make such a difference!
I have taken some photos, although it was getting dark by the time I got it back so they haven't come out great, I will take some more in the daylight tomorrow.
I will post them in the members area.
Cheers
Bradders

A

Anonymous

bradders did not realise u had posted on here 2 thanks for the info like i say i have a fair wait 4 mine but am looking forward 2 the fun of the RCZ and the sidelight bulb please take a few more pics then will get some details off u for the white 360 degree LED side light bulb

thanks Finchy