What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dashboard lining/triming

Angel

Reaction score
Hi all,

The whole dashboard lining has shrunk and needs changed or re-gluing.
Anyone knows somebody who would be willing to look at it?
Most professionals in that domain told me that there was nothing they could do, the cost would be far too high.
The car is from 2012

Thank you.

Alex

Attachments

• IMG_3277.jpg
    IMG_3277.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3278.jpg
    IMG_3278.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3279.jpg
    IMG_3279.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 49

Kerr

Reaction score
That looks odd.

Has the car been involved in an accident before?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
That's odd, I've never seen that before.
It's not my old one is it 😆

Though being fair, it looked good, it just made noises that made you think it was going to die.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
that's not normal

and probably too expensive to fix it
it is a massive job

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It looks as if it’s been very wet at some time, and has dried out. Was the dash like that when you got it?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be also possible for the sun's been on it and the temperatures we have been having could have made the glue a bit soft and covering come away as it's stretch into place... I always cover mine in hot days

Pedro

Reaction score
Worst case scenario someone has washed it & left in the sun to dry there was a problem with the earlier models of the leather dash cover splitting open mainly due to the skins drying out probably caused by not being treated with preservatives

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
the dashboard is supposed to be from artificial leather so it will not get damaged from the sun

this kind of damage is probably from the sun (maybe you left it with any kind of wax on it?) and is not normal

DKZ5745

Reaction score
There was an option for extended leather which included the dashboard. I can’t tell from the photos if this is leather or artificial.
Again, it would be useful to know if the car was like this when the OP bought it. If not, it might be easier to find out how this has happened.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Just as I thought when I saw your post, you have the genuine leather dash upgrade, most have the simulated leather, and I’m afraid it’s only the genuine leather that reportedly does this, I would have thought a good retrimmer would be able to stretch and re glue the leather back but it’s probably going to be a dash out job.
Would probably be cheaper buying a dash from a breaker and just swapping them over.

Grimreaper

Reaction score
You definitely have a leather dash not synthetic. Best way would involve a retrimmer so he can re stretch & bond, also will need to remove windscreen before he does it. (Cheapest way) otherwise a days work removing & refitting dash.

2retro

Reaction score
Sounds like it would be cheaper to sell the car and buy a new one!

RCZ-SWED

Reaction score
My car had the same problem after the hot summer of 2018. I first saw it in the spring of 2019 but am pretty sure that it was the heat that made the glue let go and the cold that made it shrink. What I did was I bought a syringe that you have for wallpaper and filled it with textile glue. Inserted the syringe a little crookedly under the fabric and squirted out while I pulled out the needle, then I pressed pieces of paper between the glass and the fabric until it had hardened. I took it piece by piece at about 20cm. After gluing, I bought an L-shaped rubber strip that covers the gap against the glass. Did not do anything about the bulge on the side of the radio console. If you look closely you can see that there are small holes in the fabric, but it is better to do something than just ignore it.