What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

D I Y

chalke

Reaction score
well after 3 weeks of being told we can not get your car done I have just replaced all 4 injector seals and a service myself job well done Mr muscle oven cleaner works well on the carbon deposit no more smell in the car of exhaust fumes :dance: Looks like the car has not seen much services just stamps in the book !!! Still cannot find the coolant leak looks like it could be the plastic pipe under the engine but there is pink stain on the engine block at the front ? 2 litre HDI well so much for warrant given

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I've used oven cleaner on previous cars, to clean intake manifolds and EGR valves.
I'm of the school of thought if I can take it off and do it myself, I'll be damned if I'm taking it to a garage for them to charge me and take 3 weeks to do it.

Or even worse, take it to a garage for them to keep the car and do no work on it until the warranty company cough up.

Having said that, Toyota Japan have just issued a recall for a batch of faulty valve springs on the 86. Mine is in the potential batch.
I'll leave that bit for my local dealer to enjoy.