What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cruise control - long press

A

Anonymous

I'm trying to get the cruise control to increment to multiples of 5 mph (i.e. 30, 35, 40 etc) by keeping the cruise control top button pressed down, but it seems to be stepping in odd multiples, which I think are 5 km/h steps.

I used to have a 208 and this worked fine, but not sure what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

tianorth

Reaction score
It increases slowly at first eg in 1's then after increasing and continously pressed it changes in 5mph increments

That works both ways.

A

Anonymous

Yes it should increase by 1 mph per click and 5 mph by keeping it pressed in - but mine doesn't. Seems to be 1 kmh and 5 kmh respectively although my setting are all in mph?

Oh well. Is there a reset operation as this may sort it?

pete.garratt

Reaction score
I agree with tianort.

It all works for me, just the way he explained.

My previous 208 & RCZ GT200 were the same.

Not sure if you're doing anything wrong, of course, but it should jus work.

tianorth

Reaction score
Do you have units set as mph but fuel as l/km this might give odd results?

Or something similar?

RCZ1

Reaction score
I learnt something new. I read my manual too regarding the cruise control. I never knew it increased / decreased in 5s if you kept it pressed in.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Similar also with the accelerator. A long press on that and the fuel level drops in increments of about 5 litres :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

I have the units set on mph - not sure about the mpg setting though so will check that.

In the manual it says this....

You can then change the programmed speed using buttons 2 and 3 : - by + or - 1 mph (km/h) = short press, - by + or - 5 mph (km/h) = long press, - in steps of + or - 5 mph (km/h) = maintained press.

So what's the difference between a long press and a maintained press????

#feelingstupid

tianorth

Reaction score
It's just the initial 5mph increment that you get with a long press, then with maintained press you get additional 5mph increments.

So nothing really.

A

Anonymous

OK, this is the latest!!!! Checked the settings - on mph as it should be. Changed settings from mph to kmh and back again and.... it worked perfectly?

BUT

As soon as I turn off the ignition and start again, it goes back to the original!

I've booked into the dealer to see if they can sort it out