What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cruise Control Fault

A

Anonymous

Strange thing happened today.
I had a drive of about 500km mostly motorway.
I had the CC set but after about 200km it just dropped and I was unable to set it again -
as what ever i did the screen displayed 'off'
After stopping for 30 minutes all seemed fine but after about 40km it dropped again.
Has anyone else experienced this and or have any idea of the cause.
Other posts on this matter that I have seen don't get to the bottom of this problem so hopefully
someone out there knows the answer.

renegade79

Reaction score
i used cc on my RCZ every day and never had this happen to me. seems a very strange thing to happen and intermittently which will prove a headache to the dealer when you do return it to them which I imagine you will have to do...

frankvdb

Reaction score
I use CC a lot and have experienced this problem exactly once in over five years of ownership.
So it appears to be a very rare problem and the conditions under which it happens are unknown.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Not heard of that one before. I regularly use mine, but usually not much more than @ 20-30 miles, and with traffic, usually have to override it several times anyway.

Good luck.

A

Anonymous

From the searching I have done on the net it doesn't appear to be a common fault but other peugeot drivers have had the same problem.
Problem is no one has pin pointed the cause.
Brake light switches and brake pedal switches are mentioned but as I was just cruising when it dropped I don't think it can be my problem.

Sanity

Reaction score
I had this on my old 407sw. It came with a "antipollution" message varning and stopped the cc from working.
Strange that it just stops working for you without any further errors :eusa-think:

In my case (on the 407) it had something to do with the double turbo... car was in service for 27 days with many parts replaced as they couldnt find the error. At last they replaced the turbo and everything worked fine for almost a day... but that's a different story or nightmare :roll:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Never seen this on either my old gt200 or my current R.

Could well believe that some other fault could cause CC to drop out and, since 'pending' fault codes don't trigger the instrument warning messages, it may well be worth scanning for any stored pending codes - just in case.

A

Anonymous

Was the brake switch on mine

Replaced and have had no more trouble

Reaction score
I genuinely haven't worked out how to switch my cruise control on yet.

I'm not one for reading the handbook and every time I fiddle with it while driving, the speed limiter message comes up and I pap my pants.

:eek:

Sorry. That doesn't really help does it.

Sanity

Reaction score
Cuore Sportivo said:
I genuinely haven't worked out how to switch my cruise control on yet.

I'm not one for reading the handbook and every time I fiddle with it while driving, the speed limiter message comes up and I pap my pants.

:eek:

Sorry. That doesn't really help does it.

:D Try turning the switch in the middle of the stick. one is for limiter the other for cruise. Kinda explains itself in this picture.

Hard to see behind the other stick when driving though :thumbup:

Attachments

• Peugeot_208_cruise_control.jpg
    Peugeot_208_cruise_control.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 3,157