What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

CRIMINAL DAMAGE

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
:evil: Some kind a$$hole appears to have fired something at my car last night.... resulting in this damage to my offside quarterlight; not to mention covering the whole interior in tiny shards of glass!!
Waiting for a lead time on a new one as none of the approved windscreen / glass repairers have one in stock... surprise surprise!
Just thought not many people would have seen an almost perfect hole in their RCZ glass / or seen it shattered! Hoping very few of you ever do!

Attachments

• car window2.jpg
    car window2.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 2,233

RCZ-R

Reaction score
What an a-hole. Have you found any projectile inside the car?

renegade79

Reaction score
i'll bet you'd like to make a similar size hole in head of the a$$hole who caused it....... :eusa-whistle:

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Had a quick scout around inside, but with the shards of glass everywhere (including the passenger seat) I didn't want to cut myself! For a pretty small hole (about 5mm dia) there is an awful lot of glass inside! I think I will empty the D7son tonight, vacuum it out and then have a look at the contents. Luckily enough eating is banned in my Z, so there shouldn't be anything too grim in there!!

Update on replacement pane - probably mid next week! :(

renegade79

Reaction score
NATSPLATNAT said:
Had a quick scout around inside, but with the shards of glass everywhere (including the passenger seat) I didn't want to cut myself! For a pretty small hole (about 5mm dia) there is an awful lot of glass inside! I think I will empty the D7son tonight, vacuum it out and then have a look at the contents. Luckily enough eating is banned in my Z, so there shouldn't be anything too grim in there!!

Update on replacement pane - probably mid next week! :(
good idea. empty the dyson, hoover it all up and empty it again. good luck..

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Any CCTV round where it happened? Have you contacted the Police?
(I know that's pretty much pointless though, they won't be interested in the slightest- we had a loan car on one occasion from a garage we were buying a new car from, as we had sold ours privately, and the new one was going to take a few days to prepare. On the last day we had it, it was broken into while parked in town, and the stereo ripped out. We called the police, and surprise surprise, as nobody was injured, they wouldn't be attending as they had no officers available :wtf: The worse thing was, the garage said they had sold the loan car, and it was supposed to be collected the next day :helpme: )
The main point of reporting it is that if at some point they catch someone doing the same thing, you might get some compensation if they can pin this on them too.
Hope you get it sorted soon :eusa-think:

Reaction score
To be fair if you find a projectile from a weapon inside, I think the Police would be interested.

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi all' :greetings-wavingblue: ,,and are thoughts and anger are shared with the owner who suffered this mindless act !!
As for finding a projectile I'm afraid that is pretty mach irrelevant as its witnesses that make the difference and allow the police to be able to act in the way that we think they should.

Often people have a too high expectation of what the police can physically do and think that the organisation have some type of golden orb which when looked into will recreate the crime and circle the said offender. In short all the police can do is that which we all can do and seek to identify witnesses as without the latter a projectile is simply projectile indicating that it has been projected which is a known fact by virtue of a smashed window anyway !

Reporting such incidents to the police allows a 'crime' to be registered and generates a "crime number" for the victim BUT this does not automatically generate a true level of compensation from the offender/s if identified, prosecuted AND found guilty !
Reporting incidents does help form crime patterns and also assists in the collation of "recorded crime figures" which we know are used and manipulated by political parties to prove points against each other or justify budget cuts.

In short such mindless acts of vandalism leave you feeling angry for a long time but lets not mix up who is the cause of the anger in the first place even though it's the (police) messenger who gets it in the neck as they say !

.the big blue (..speaking up from the Forum back benches having had a car mindlessly decorated with Paint Stripper :evil:)

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Cuore Sportivo said:
To be fair if you find a projectile from a weapon inside, I think the Police would be interested.

I asked if they wanted it if I found it - they suggested hanging on to it for up to 6 months in case there were any developments! lol

A

Anonymous

Wow... What an idiot. I would be so mad if this happened to me. :evil:

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Small pellet / ball bearing.... the hole itself is about 5mm in diameter, but obviously the whole pane is shattered. Quite a pretty pattern overall! lol. Crime recording officer said he thought the projectile would have been fired at quite close range.... then again, he also suggested "that the hole could have been caused by a small stone chip and then the vibrations of the car engine causing the glass to fall out!" Plausible - except the shards were scattered all over the inside of the car - not likely to have happened by car vibrations!! I knew my forensics degree would come in useful one day! lol

Update = replacement should be fitted by the end of the week! :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

As some others have said. CCTV for the future, I know too late now but you might catch something/one suspicious.

If so, could go yo cops but doubt much help. Find the little shit and sort him yourself in whichever way you feel fit.

I would be absolutely mad!