What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Creamy Oil cap?

A

Anonymous

Hi, I bought my rcz about 2month ago THP200 2010
Recently I've noticed a drastic loss in coolant from max to half in 2 months although it was serviced when purchased, I searched around the forums to find it can be a regular thing topping up the engine coolant. However I lifted my oil cap and found a light creamy white substance on it, I wiped it and left it a couple of days then checked again and the same had appeared.
Do you thing this is just condensation from the engine or is coolant getting mixed with the oil?
Some of my symptoms:
Light cream around oil cap
Drastic loss of coolant
Puffs of white smoke from exhaust when engine is warm (only when idle)

Bearing in mind the car had a whole engine rebuild late 2014
My car is still under the dealers warranty and is covered I just wanted your opinions or experiences.
So what do you guys think?

Here is a picture: http://tinypic.com/r/2jbjkp2/8

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hi, :greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

I am also in South Yorkhire and have a GT200 :wave:

So, unfortunately, you have just listed almost every symptom of a blown head gasket. Classic ones being loss of coolant, creamy residue under oil filler cap & white exhaust smoke. :helpme:

There are other possible causes for each of these, but when they are all together, it's looking fairly convincing. :eusa-think:

Bright side is, you have a warranty, so whip it back there, tell them & show them, and I'm pretty sure they will Bob a new head gasket in & that will sort you out. :dance:

They may try wriggling a bit, cos it's not exactly a cheap simple fix, but as it should be mainly labour costs, it will be a darned site cheaper for them to do it than it would be for you to take it elsewhere. :eusa-whistle:

You do need to get it looked at sooner rather than later, as it can cause all sorts of internal engine problems if run extensively with that kind of fault (Pistons, rings, cylinders, valves etc etc) so I would be ringing them today to make the appointment. :thumbup:

Hope that helps. :beer:

2retro

Reaction score
They're right, that is 99.9% a blown head gasket.

Was it like that when you bought the car? If so the dealer shouldn't have even considered selling it in that condition.

Either way, take it back to them ASAP and get them to replace the head gasket + new oil and filter. Don't let them fob you off with any BS either - that mayonnaise type gunk is only made by water mixing with oil and there should be no water mixing with oil in your engine!

It needs sorting because it will destroy your engine if left... Keep us posted! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
Hi, :greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

I am also in South Yorkhire and have a GT200 :wave:

So, unfortunately, you have just listed almost every symptom of a blown head gasket. Classic ones being loss of coolant, creamy residue under oil filler cap & white exhaust smoke. :helpme:

There are other possible causes for each of these, but when they are all together, it's looking fairly convincing. :eusa-think:

Bright side is, you have a warranty, so whip it back there, tell them & show them, and I'm pretty sure they will Bob a new head gasket in & that will sort you out. :dance:

They may try wriggling a bit, cos it's not exactly a cheap simple fix, but as it should be mainly labour costs, it will be a darned site cheaper for them to do it than it would be for you to take it elsewhere. :eusa-whistle:

You do need to get it looked at sooner rather than later, as it can cause all sorts of internal engine problems if run extensively with that kind of fault (Pistons, rings, cylinders, valves etc etc) so I would be ringing them today to make the appointment. :thumbup:

Hope that helps. :beer:

renegade79 said:
+1 on the head gasket issue :thumbup:

2retro said:
They're right, that is 99.9% a blown head gasket.

Was it like that when you bought the car? If so the dealer shouldn't have even considered selling it in that condition.

Either way, take it back to them ASAP and get them to replace the head gasket + new oil and filter. Don't let them fob you off with any BS either - that mayonnaise type gunk is only made by water mixing with oil and there should be no water mixing with oil in your engine!

It needs sorting because it will destroy your engine if left... Keep us posted! :thumbup:

Thanks for the replies guys! Pretty convinced the head gasket is the issue, I've just came off the phone from my dealers and I am taking it in tonight to be sorted, they pretty much agreed its the problem and they are supplying me with a courtesy car with it being such a big repair. I am pretty annoyed with the fact that this should of been picked up on when serviced, it makes me wonder if they even did service it because I recently just put a k&n air filter in and the original what was in was horrendous, the worst ive ever seen. i did notice a very slight bit of white in the cap before purchase but was quickly convinced it was completely normal to have a bit on because of the condensation, I let it slip by probably because of the excitement. But anyway I'm going up later and im not going to let them tell me different. :evil:

A

Anonymous

make sure they skim the head properly and ask for the old stretch bolts, these hold the head in place and should only ever be used once as the torque applied does what it says on the tin and stretches the bolts to provide a completely flat fit.
Also ask if they diametrically tighten the head down. if they ask what that means then the answer is no and i would ask for a refit.

A

Anonymous

lee is dead right make sure you get those bolts back so you
Don't get turned over.