What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Creaky drivers door panel

A

Anonymous

So - only had the car a week and I love it to bits. However, one thing that is really irritating me is the creak/vibration coming from the drivers door panel when I'm driving. Doesn't happen all the time, but it's regular enough to get right on my wick! I've found that if I try and jam my finger between the dash and the door it stops....

Anyone had anything similar? And has anybody cured it?

Bear in mind that the car is just over 3 years old so Peugeot warranty is not an option.

RCZ1

Reaction score
It's not the small black plastic cover that it's in the very bottom corner of the glass inside, near the wing mirror is it?

When I had my wing mirrors replaced in my first RCZ this plastic cover was not in place properly and caused an intermittent rattle /creaking. Took me a while to track it down and when it was put back in place properly,the noise went.

A

Anonymous

Could be - as it seems to be coming from that area. I'll take a look in the morning. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
It's not the small black plastic cover that it's in the very bottom corner of the glass inside, near the wing mirror is it?

When I had my wing mirrors replaced in my first RCZ this plastic cover was not in place properly and caused an intermittent rattle /creaking. Took me a while to track it down and when it was put back in place properly,the noise went.

It was this! Everything sorted now, thanks :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
gws73 said:
RCZ1 said:

It was this! Everything sorted now, thanks :clap:

Glad that you got it sorted and can now have a rattle free drive :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Both my doors are creaking when opening and closing. Tried some wd40 on the hinge but to no avail.

Will ask then to look at during my service and Mot but no doubt it probably won't be looked at...