What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Creaking roof ?

Benpals

Reaction score
My 120k mile hdi has developed a creaking noise on corners and potholes from the roof . Sounds like a pirate ship timbers .

Have recently had new springs out in and suspect it has done something transferring more road to the car frame ?

cannot imagine the roof is bolted in or anything obvious , has anyone come across anything similar .

pirate ship timbers is amusing but also a little scary if the roof and frame is buckling about under some new stress …

many ideas welcome !

Pedro

Reaction score
Maybe rubber bushes ? Changing springs should not normally create an issue unless the rubber mounts they sit in are perished ?

lfe

Reaction score
Are the new springs softer and perhaps shorter?

Maybe your suspension is easily reaching its limit.

Pedro

Reaction score
My 120k mile hdi has developed a creaking noise on corners and potholes from the roof . Sounds like a pirate ship timbers .

Have recently had new springs out in and suspect it has done something transferring more road to the car frame ?

cannot imagine the roof is bolted in or anything obvious , has anyone come across anything similar .

pirate ship timbers is amusing but also a little scary if the roof and frame is buckling about under some new stress …

many ideas welcome !
Your post has reminded me mine use to make a noise like a crack sound when pulling away after leaving it standing for over a week so you might be right in one respect as the 207cc had straps fitted to the floor pan to stop it flexing but roof was not welded onto the car ?