What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Creaking/clicking seats

A

Anonymous

My leather seats have been creaking quite a bit since I got the car, when I go around corners etc, but today I noticed that the driver's seat clicks and moves ever so slightly forward as I brake and clicks and moves back slightly when I accelerate. What on earth is going on with that?!

A

Anonymous

Willfox1983 said:
My leather seats have been creaking quite a bit since I got the car, when I go around corners etc, but today I noticed that the driver's seat clicks and moves ever so slightly forward as I brake and clicks and moves back slightly when I accelerate. What on earth is going on with that?!

it has been known before for this to happen and the seat mechanism has to be changed or the seat itself only the dealership will sort this out mate

A

Anonymous

Car is going in on Thursday. They checked it out today and they were able to physically shake the seat. The tapping under the seat and the creaking as I go around corners is just awful. They better bloody sort it!

A

Anonymous

Willfox1983 said:
Car is going in on Thursday. They checked it out today and they were able to physically shake the seat. The tapping under the seat and the creaking as I go around corners is just awful. They better bloody sort it!
let me know what they say please.

A

Anonymous

I somehow managed to spill brown sauce in the seatbelt socket whilst I was stuffing a bacon roll. This lead to some annoying clicking noise. A cotton bud sorted that out though lol. My drivers seat used to creak to I seem to find by moving it slightly helped out, like a quick nudge of the electric adjuster

A

Anonymous

Rczmk said:
I somehow managed to spill brown sauce in the seatbelt socket whilst I was stuffing a bacon roll. This lead to some annoying clicking noise. A cotton bud sorted that out though lol. My drivers seat used to creak to I seem to find by moving it slightly helped out, like a quick nudge of the electric adjuster

I did try to adjust it slightly, it still did it :-(

It almost feels dangerous...I can feel the seat moving slightly when I brake/accelerate! Feels proper dodgy!!

A

Anonymous

Update: Got the car back today after they said they'd fixed the seat. They haven't. It's exactly the same. Hopeless. Going to have to go in AGAIN (that's 4 times in 4 weeks) next week.

richard.au

Reaction score
i've had this clicking seat issue since about 5,000 ks.

i'm not exactly over weight at 80 kilos and over 6 feet. So I'm not stressing the seat.

Anyway, the service dealer looked at it, tried tensioning it. It hasn't helped.

Now, they want to photo and document the fault (as requested by peugeot) and then there will be consideration of replacing the seat mechanics... apparently over $2,000 (oz) worth of hardware.

So, it's an ongoing investiagtion to the clicking seat, will update when some progress is made.

A

Anonymous

I've got this creaking seat issue and i've only done 650 miles. Started about 2 days ago. Mine are not the electric seats as I have the sport model. Go around bends or accelerate and the seat clicks and creaks. It's very annoying. I will be contacting my dealer. :(

A

Anonymous

Had the same issue on mine. I was able to move the seat with my hands. Turns out a couple of bolts/nuts underneath had come loose. Try moving your seats with your hands, if you can then just tighten them up.

richard.au

Reaction score
I had both the creaking and the clicking.

The creaking was mostly the seat belt latch rubbing against the lower side of the seat. Shifting the angle used to stop this.

The clicking was apparent on certan Gs, and was replaced under warranty. They exchanged the lower seat mech. Since then, the clicking has gone. But also, the creaking went away.

Now my drivers seat is perfect. :)

Do push for a warranty replacement. It's what is required.