What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Crankshaft seal replacement

BobM

Reaction score
Hi guys hope you are well and enjoying the weather. So I have had an oil leak for a while now ad got a friend who is a mechanic to take a look and diagnose it. Turns out to be the cranks shaft seal. Is this a big job to repair? Any one else had this issue give me any advice what I might be looking at cost wise ETC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Robert

lfe

Reaction score
It depends on which side of the crankshaft the leak is on. If it's on the timing chain side it's a much easier job than if it's on the transmission side.

BobM

Reaction score
It depends on which side of the crankshaft the leak is on. If it's on the timing chain side it's a much easier job than if it's on the transmission side.
Thanks for the reply. Is there anyway I would know what side it is on?

lfe

Reaction score
Well, looking under the engine and seeing which side is more wet with oil, but if your mechanic friend says that it is a crankshaft seal, he surely have seen which side it is.