What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Crankshaft deceleration learning

shoshin

Reaction score
Hi there

I have a 2014 1.6 THP156, still struggling with a completely symptomless P0016 that only triggers in very specific circumstances.

Using iCarsoft 2.0, I can see a parameter titled 'Crankshaft Target Adaptation under Deceleration', but it is flagged 'N/A' and there is no option to work with it in iCarsoft. Someone with a different Peugeot model and different scanner has posted that the 'N/A' means 'not done'. I can't find any other useful references to it online.

Does anyone have any tech info for this adaptation, and would Diagbox allow me to set or reset it maybe? I ask because lack of this adaptation would appear to perfectly explain my problem, which only ever occurs when the engine is cold and revs drop below 1000rpm during deceleration. Changed oil, crank & cam sensors, plugs, coil packs, vvt solenoid. No engine rattles or any detectable timing issues; car runs perfectly whether the P0016 is on or off.

Many thanks Martin.