What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

COULD YOU RUN THAT SNOW FOAM BY ME AGAIN?

A

Anonymous

My dad's black Honda was in a bit of a state so I convinced him we should sort it together.

I washed it and then use the following Auto Glym stages/products:
Paint Renovator
Super Resin Polish
HD Wax

The results were stunning and he was totally convinced at the end of the day. I told him to sell it now because I know it will never look as good again :lol:

A

Anonymous

Finding my snow foam is going on really thick at the moment.... :lol:

Attachments

• P1020670 (1306 x 804).jpg
    P1020670 (1306 x 804).jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 1,414

RCZ1

Reaction score
:lol: :lol:

When I got up this morning and looked out the window, I said to hubby that when I washed the car today, I didn't have to bother with the snowfoam :D

A

Anonymous

Sorry to be a newbie knob , can someone explain what claying
a car is ???

A

Anonymous

Removes unseen contaminants. A quick visit to Detailing World will sort you out. :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ007 said:
Sorry to be a newbie knob , can someone explain what claying
a car is ???

All cars, including new cars, have some contaminants on the paintwork (or even glass) to a more or lesser degree. Contaminants can be environmental fallout, ash, iron filings, bird droppings, tree sap, etc., as Brooktop said, some are naked to the eye but you can feel them and some are visible. If the contamination is really bad then it will dull the appearance of the paintwork.

If you want to achieve maximum reflectivity of the paintwork and shine, then I would recommend claying your car. If you use an ultra fine clay and lots and lots of lube (water can be used as lube or you can buy specific claying lubes), then you won't incur any damage to your paintwork. You will be left with ultra smooth paintwork, which will have a lovely gloss when you have polished and waxed.
If you were to feel the paintwork of a clayed car and an unclayed car, you would be seriously shocked.

I hope this has enlightened you a little :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks so much , I had no idea , will make this the first thing
on the list , thanks again