What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cosmos Indoor Cover

Flanners

Reaction score
Was looking for an indoor cover found a review from AutoExpress for the Cosmos one which got 5*'s and priced at £43 in 2015, ordered one in Large in red for £39 delivered from Amazon. Just fitted it and very happy good fit not too tight and apparently breathable and will stop the dust etc. Well pleased.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Any photos? I know Les (Verminator) has one for the grey lady, I could do with an outside cover but not convinced any are good enough not to Mark the paintwork, after a bad experience with a very expensive cover on a very expensive caravan a couple of years ago where the cover marked all the plastic windows!
Anyone got any recommendations?

Flanners

Reaction score
I will get a snap later today on today hopefully. The cover subject is an emotive one, I have two modern classics outside now and hate the fact they are in the elements (especially the sun!) but I NEVER use an outdoor cover, Winter and Summer in the UK has big temp fluctuations with freeze/thaw conditions, winds, sun etc if the cover moves about even slightly it marks the paint/causes swirls, traps heat, water/moisture/ice next to the paint, can cause micro blistering (especially on re-sprayed panels) and increase rusting. The gumphf always says breathable but if you've got a jacket that says that you know breathable is just a term. Better to wash and wax, only time I may consider it if I had to park under trees permenently; to stop the bird shit destroying the clear coat.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Totally agree with that, I must admit the soft99 fusso coat I use does do a great job of stopping all the crap getting to the paintwork and after a good downpour it looks as though I’ve just washed it so I know nothing is sticking to the paint :thumbup:

Flanners

Reaction score

The green one is x10 the price! It is cotton mix heavyweight and protective but not worth the outlay, the Cosmos has a lovely feel and for a non-model specific is pretty good.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
LGN is tucked up in one of these, which is a bit snug in places, but the wind cannot get under it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382581056303

Note the cunning loops, which are wires with a hook one end and attached to the beam the other.
Instead of packing the cover away in its bag each time, I lazily hang the cover, scrunched up, over the car.
Takes moments to deploy or stow above.

Attachments

• loops.jpg
    loops.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 3,538
  • cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 3,538

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Flanners said:

The green one is x10 the price! It is cotton mix heavyweight and protective but not worth the outlay, the Cosmos has a lovely feel and for a non-model specific is pretty good.

The green one does look good though but most of all where’s the Ducati? :D

Flanners

Reaction score
916SPS....I sold it...and the MV F4.....my dream bikes owned them for about 16 years and a succession of Japs, my VStrom went last Saturday. Giving up the bikes as I only rode in France/Germany touring and once or twice a year didn't make sense, I also want to be around for my daughter having had a bad one about 20yrs ago and survived I think I have had my fun for the last 27 years.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Not sure if you’ve noticed, but there’s a suspicious looking really skinny bloke stood next to your Z :eusa-think: :wtf:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Flanners said:
916SPS....I sold it...and the MV F4.....my dream bikes owned them for about 16 years and a succession of Japs, my VStrom went last Saturday. Giving up the bikes as I only rode in France/Germany touring and once or twice a year didn't make sense, I also want to be around for my daughter having had a bad one about 20yrs ago and survived I think I have had my fun for the last 27 years.

Quality Bikes there and spookily very similar to my position at the moment had bikes since I was 16 and around 20 years ago had a big road accident which is starting to catch up with me now :roll:
Been considering letting my Gixer go having not ridden it in 2 years but you know what it’s like when you have bikes in your blood! :crazy:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Flanners said:

Quality Bikes there and spookily very similar to my position at the moment had bikes since I was 16 and around 20 years ago had a big road accident which is starting to catch up with me now :roll:
Been considering letting my Gixer go having not ridden it in 2 years but you know what it’s like when you have bikes in your blood! :crazy:
I hung in there into my seventies with fast motors, but there comes a time when you have to let go, like when you find you can't get in or out of the bloody thing! :(

Attachments

• readytogo.jpg
    readytogo.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 3,512