What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cooling system issue

Sammichael20199

Reaction score
Hi, so I brought an RCZ 2011 1.6v THP200 with blown head gasket and doesn't run. Replaced the piston rings, big end bearings, head gasket and thermostat housing as it had no compression. The car is now starting fine and humming away, however...

The coolant system just does not seem right. The car takes absolutely ages to get up to temperature, like 30-45 mins on idle not sure if this is normal, and does not get up to full temperature, it gets up to like a millimetre away from 90 and sticks there. No fans come on when it is at optimal temperature or anything.

So I wired in the old temperature sensor and had it sitting in boiling hot kettle and the temperature was the same, just under 90. I don't trust that this car is registering the temperature sensor data correctly.

The thermostat housing and coolant temperature sensor btw is for of a Mini N13 engine, which I believe is the same and had to modify it a tiny bit to get it to fit, could that be the issue?

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated, have been working on this car for over 3 months now and driving me mad.

Pedro

Reaction score
That coolant tank is not specific to the 200 there are different variants & you need an engine code to make certain its the correct fitment

Sammichael20199

Reaction score
That coolant tank is not specific to the 200 there are different variants & you need an engine code to make certain its the correct fitment
Thank you for your reply. So replace the thermostat housing with the absolute correct type, should fix the issue? The engine code for my car is the EP6-CDTX btw.

This is the thermostat housing that i have purchased: Coolant Thermostat Housing+Adapter Lead for MINI R55 R56 R57 R58 R59 R60 Cooper | eBay

I am I correct for thinking that Peugeot revised the part for the thermostat housing due to an overheating issue. So the revised thermostat housing and wiring loom adaptor is required to get it up to spec...

Pedro

Reaction score
The tank for the 200 & R have a direct plug in at the rear the one your describing was updated for 156 variants with different temp sensor design & longer wiring tails to reach the connection plug & that Engine code is correct as EP6-CDTX
The seller made the same mistake when I purchased mine as they sent me a totally different tank probably the older version for the 156 & it was a completely different design so you have to be careful when ordering parts for these engines