What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

coolent level

A

Anonymous

I randomly getting Top up coolant level warning but its fine I am guessing its just a faulty sensor anyone has this fault ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think I have seen this on the forum before. It's a known fault.

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
cheers mate it seems to be I guess its just the sensor I will contact peugeout

BEADY

Reaction score
tommysrcz said:
DKZ5745 said:
cheers mate it seems to be I guess its just the sensor I will contact peugeout
I had this the other day but when I checked I needed a top up. It had gone below the minimum leve.lt didn't need much but maybe worth a visual check rather than assume its a sensor fauult

DKZ5745

Reaction score
tommysrcz said:
I randomly getting Top up coolant level warning but its fine

I think Tommy has already checked his level, but you should always check all your levels regularly and never assume any warnings are false.

A

Anonymous

Had the same issue in mine, almost definitely a dodgy sensor as it seems to be a very very common issue, but I would take it to a Peugeot dealer to be checked just in case.

Having the sensor replaced was £105 if I remember correctly, that was from Robins and Day Peugeot. A bit steep but it's worth it as I'm not swearing at it constantly now!

A

Anonymous

Just had mine done under warranty as constantly received "Top Up Coolant Level" warning since picking up the car a month ago, but level was fine and temp gauge normal.

Dealer found that the sensor within the reservoir had failed. All replaced, no warnings since.

:)

JJ

A

Anonymous

JJEuropa said:
Just had mine done under warranty as constantly received "Top Up Coolant Level" warning since picking up the car a month ago, but level was fine and temp gauge normal.

Dealer found that the sensor within the reservoir had failed. All replaced, no warnings since.

:)

JJ
cheers for advice :)

A

Anonymous

SamF10 said:
Had the same issue in mine, almost definitely a dodgy sensor as it seems to be a very very common issue, but I would take it to a Peugeot dealer to be checked just in case.

Having the sensor replaced was £105 if I remember correctly, that was from Robins and Day Peugeot. A bit steep but it's worth it as I'm not swearing at it constantly now!
chesre for advice I still not got round to having it done I will just go to local gararge not expensive dealer ha ha

thornebt

Reaction score
If you fancy tackling the job yourself it looks very easy. As someone has already said it's on the front of the top up reservoir and looks to be held in place by a retaining clip. I imagine that it must be a fairly simple sensor so hopefully not too expensive. Part numbers on it are PSA 96 209 809 80 or 63 299 014. I've never done the job though so I stand to be proved wrong on it's simplicity or cheapness!