What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Coolant temperature sensors

Nicholas Farrington

Reaction score
Can you help? I have a 2010 RCZ 156 hp. There are 2 temperature sensors close together, the green one is OK but the brass and grey one has no cable connected to it. First is this sensor supposed to be connected and if so do you know where the cable goes. I have been unable to find a loose wire in that area, and the temp gauge goes to maximum and engine check light is on so I can't get my MOT. I have changed the green temp sensor and the radiator fan sensor ( this was from Ebay are they OK ). You are my only help as the Peugeot main dealers don't know anything. Many thanks Nicholas

Pedro

Reaction score
If the temp sensor is faulty the temp gauge will malfunction the sensor is in the thermostat tank if that is not connected then that could be the problem on the 156 model they upgraded the tails (wires) to follow a longer path to the plug in but without seeing a photo its difficult to determine what your looking at ?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
some of the newer replacement thermostat housings need an updated cable and something makes me think it may have two plugs on it

Nicholas Farrington

Reaction score
If the temp sensor is faulty the temp gauge will malfunction the sensor is in the thermostat tank if that is not connected then that could be the problem on the 156 model they upgraded the tails (wires) to follow a longer path to the plug in but without seeing a photo its difficult to determine what your looking at ?
Dear Pedro, Thank you for your reply. I have changed to temperature sensor the trouble is there is no connector plug for the gray and brass sensor. Also there is no plug that will take the short adapter cable I have seen on ebay. I need to look under the bonnet of a car that's the same as mine.Regards Nicholas

Pedro

Reaction score
This is the thermostat tank all the Prince engines have fitted except the 200 & R have different wiring pathways the sensor is fitted into the top of the housing & the connector just plugs into the the sensor body I will root out one with the wiring if I can find it later today
I do not know if any of these parts have 2 sensor openings ?

Attachments

• Thermostat tank.PNG
    Thermostat tank.PNG
    310.1 KB · Views: 14

Pedro

Reaction score
looks like this ?

Attachments

• temp sensor plug- in.PNG
    temp sensor plug- in.PNG
    311.7 KB · Views: 16

Nicholas Farrington

Reaction score
Dear Pedro, I have been looking at the thermostat housing and see there is another cable connector on the underside, while I have replaced the temp sensor, do you think it would be a good idea to change the housing, as there are posts saying this can cause loads of problems. Nincholas

Pedro

Reaction score
They are a sealed unit except for the sensor although they can suffer with the seams leaking & or the Thermostat begins to start playing up like sticking open then they have to be replaced but if they appear to be causing no coolant issues I would leave it as it is as for the connector underneath I can't comment without seeing a pic ?

Nicholas Farrington

Reaction score
They are a sealed unit except for the sensor although they can suffer with the seams leaking & or the Thermostat begins to start playing up like sticking open then they have to be replaced but if they appear to be causing no coolant issues I would leave it as it is as for the connector underneath I can't comment without seeing a pic ?
Dear Pedro, I have got the free workshop manual download from the forum. I did buy this sometime ago but could never get it to work however following the video to the letter it does now work. I have found there is a thermostat temp sensor on the bottom of the housing so the complete housing is now on order. I will let you know if it cures my problem. Regards Nicholas

Pedro

Reaction score
You need a manual with these engines especially for the 156 as for mine the 200GT & the R there is different configuration of parts as per this thermostat housing I ordered 1 & it was completely wrong for the plug-in so you need to be vigilant when ordering any specific parts especially with OEM compatible listings